Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often do you change towels?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:47 pm
When you take a shower every night do you take a fresh towel for each shower you you use the same one over for at least 2 or 3 times?
I have a hard time with this because when I use a towel once I feel that it still smells clean and fresh to use for another shower but Im sort of disguted sometimes that I re use the same towelup to 3-4 showers..

The same with an infant, how often do you change the towel if you bathe them every night?

Please be nice no rude replys.
TIA

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:51 pm
about once a week when I do the towel and linen loads. I shower every other night in general so about 3-4 showers per a towel.

Tablepoetry

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:54 pm
Same towel for several days. Each family member has their own. I have a separate face towel. I change hand towels in the washrooms about once a day.

I do 3 loads of laundry a day as is, all I need is to wash towels all day.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:59 pm
I change every two days. We each use a separate towel, so that means every two days I have 3 towels every four days I have 6 towels and just do a load. Not such a big deal.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 4:01 pm
I'll use a towel twice. I don't bathe baby so often (once or twice a week) so I wash those once in two weeks.
Kids towels, eeveryone has their own and I wash those whenever I rembember which endsu p being about once in two weeks too.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 4:27 pm
Same towel for at least 3-4 days (showering at least once daily).

We're all totally clean when we come out of the shower, and then the towels get hung up so they can dry out for the next day.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 7:39 pm
I wash the bath towels after every use. I frequently change hand towels after each meal. Bathroom hand towels, I change when wet. I never let anyone re-use a dirty towel because of mrsa

tamara00

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 1:04 am
oliveoil wrote:
Same towel for at least 3-4 days (showering at least once daily).

We're all totally clean when we come out of the shower, and then the towels get hung up so they can dry out for the next day.

This. I don't understand changing after each use - you're supposed to be clean when you come out of the shower and if the towel dries properly... I don't see the problem.

Please enlighten me if I'm doing something unhygienic!!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 1:14 am
we wash the towels after evry use. So much easier throwing it in the hamper than hanging it up to dry. We take showers/baths every day.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 1:19 am
I also don't get it. We shower even twice daily in the summer, but we use the towels for a few days.

do any of you shower with a loofah or bath pouf? Do you throw it out after every use? same thing.

momX4

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 1:55 am
Everyone has their own towels.

I wash them after the second use. We also use washcloths that get washed after one time use. My boys have had musculum (warts) and it is contagious. I got rid of the bath sponges then.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 2:02 am
amother wrote:
we wash the towels after evry use. So much easier throwing it in the hamper than hanging it up to dry. We take showers/baths every day.
You must either have many many towels or do laundry every other day. I dont get the throwing it in the hamper. How is a towel dirty once you have showered and cleaned yourself?

We use towels for about a week and then throw them in the wash.

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 2:07 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
amother wrote:
You must either have many many towels or do laundry every other day. I dont get the throwing it in the hamper. How is a towel dirty once you have showered and cleaned yourself?

shabbatiscoming, amother didn't mention washing the towels, merely throwing them in the hamper. I guess if you don't do your own laundry, then chucking them in a basket IS easier. Rolling Eyes

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 2:09 am
mummy-bh wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
amother wrote:

shabbatiscoming, amother didn't mention washing the towels, merely throwing them in the hamper. I guess if you don't do your own laundry, then chucking them in a basket IS easier. Rolling Eyes
Right, or as I mentioned, many many towels. I had a friend who did this and she did her own laundry. I never understood it. She must have had a closet full of towels.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 4:03 am
Once a week, every erev shabbos. I shower every single day. Sometimes twice! I have a separate face towel.
Kids - every 1-2 weeks.
Hand towel in bathroom - every day!

I do not have a dryer, so with 4 kids, it would be literally impossible to wash after every shower, or even after every 2nd shower!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry