Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Chofetz chaim video for kids

amother

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 2:03 pm
This year I'm hearing there's a video presentation for the kids too, has anyone been ? What ages is it appropriate for ? How long is it?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:
This year I'm hearing there's a video presentation for the kids too, has anyone been ? What ages is it appropriate for ? How long is it?

My husbands yeshiva is showing it, but he wasn't able to get me any info on it :-( I'm wondering if I can send my kids- 4 and 6....

YW123

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 2:11 pm
ad says ages 8-13

Isramom8

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 3:08 pm
My DH screened it at the kollel he directs, but first tested it out on our kids. It interested our 10-16 year olds. I think under 8 is too young. The first part is a rebbe-teacher speaking (a little classroom-like). The second (longer) part is a play by kids about including everyone. The whole video is about an hour long. Good idea!

imasinger

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 3:11 pm
Thank you, was unsure whether to take my 6 year old. I think we'll pass for now.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 12:17 pm
Was this the bullying one? My boys (6.5 and 8) both thought it was very good. My 5 yo daughter wanted to go to the girls' showing so I let her, but she thought it was long and I doubt she gained much from it other than feeling like she was a big girl and was able to do the same thing as her brothers. I'd love to know if there was a way I could find out discussion topics on it so I could bring it up with my kids and keep the lessons flowing...I didn't see it myself to know what to touch on.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 12:20 pm
The video this year was about sinas chinam in school. My almost ten year old thought the video was amazing...I think bec. he was having trouble in school this past year with kids leaving him out of everything and the video was showing how wrong it is to do such a thing. My 7 year old thought it was good too.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 12:23 pm
Maybe my almost 7 year old wasn't interested because he is an Israeli? It's good to hear that some younger kids were able to follow the story.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 12:33 pm
my son loved it since the boys in the play are from his yeshiva. He is quite young but seemed to follow and was so excited that he knew the boys on the screen!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note