Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Celiac Medical Alert Bracelet

voira

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 2:21 pm
My DD is 1 1/2 and was just diagnosed with celiac. Im really nervous to send her out of the house to playgroup as there are so many other kids and Im sure sharing snack is the norm. I already told the teacher and she said she will be careful and watch out, do you think I should get her a bracelet to remind the teacher??? or its not necessary?

sarachana

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 2:32 pm
voira wrote:
My DD is 1 1/2 and was just diagnosed with celiac. Im really nervous to send her out of the house to playgroup as there are so many other kids and Im sure sharing snack is the norm. I already told the teacher and she said she will be careful and watch out, do you think I should get her a bracelet to remind the teacher??? or its not necessary?

not necessary.
celiac is not fun but the damage is malnutrition over a long period of time, short term it causes uncomfortable symptoms but nothing life threatening.

themom

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 3:00 pm
My daughter is 9 and her teachers have always been really good about it. I like to type up a flyer in the beginning of the year with some basics about celiac and a note to call my cell if questions come up about specific foods. My biggest concern is when she's excluded from treats unnecessarily because they dont know if she could have it. I also always leave a variety of gluten free treats to be kept in school for shabbos party and other times.
I dont think the bracelet is necessary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics