Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Pickled brisket recipie.

nama evans

Post Sun, Sep 01 2013, 2:15 pm
I called my butcher what to do with pickled brisket. He advised me to cook it with onions garlic pepper pickleling spice and bay leaves. I did this and now I'm hearing al about changing water and not doing it in pickleing spices as it already is pickled. Anyone has tried this before ??

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Sep 01 2013, 3:31 pm
you don't need to add anything, but it's not going to hurt the meat. some people change the water, I rinse the beef well before cooking. when in doubt, taste the meat.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 01 2013, 7:18 pm
nama evans wrote:
I called my butcher what to do with pickled brisket. He advised me to cook it with onions garlic pepper pickleling spice and bay leaves. I did this and now I'm hearing al about changing water and not doing it in pickleing spices as it already is pickled. Anyone has tried this before ??
I add fresh garlic cloves and bay leaves. It's not necessary but I like it that way.
Do as you please. Either as is or with the additions your butcher suggested.
I assume that your butcher actually pickled the meat and knows that it tastes better with the seasonings he suggested.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics