Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning Lady in Lakewood

allrgymama

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 10:18 am
I'm looking for a cleaning lady on the Shop-Rite side of the lake, who speaks a decent amount of English and knows how to clean.

I've had the agency (who advertises the quarter page ad and needs a minimum of 6 hours) send me three different ladies and they've all been a disaster. The first wanted me to pay $12 an hour straight to her (instead of $10 to her and $2 to the agency) by the third time she showed up. The second one didn't understand (nevermind) enough English to tell me what her name was when I asked and the third one was okay -- and I would have worked with her to get her up to the speed I needed, but she didn't speak enough English either.

I'm at my wit's end. Does anyone have another agency to call or a cleaning lady with extra hours? I would love twice a week (preferably broken up into 2 hours one day and 4 hours the other).

Thank you!

allrgymama

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 10:07 am
These are the different people that you can call for help:

Denise Ohayon: 732-363-7613
Esther Rayman: 732-367-4914
Chanie Oliel: 732-987-6060

From my experience:

Denise never called me back

It took Esther over a week to call me back and at that point I had already found someone to get me through Yom Tov. I may give her a call back again afterwards if I have no luck.

Chanie Oliel requires a 6 hour minimum (between you and your neighbors). She takes $2 for every hour that the cleaning lady is by you (in addition to $10 going to the cleaning lady). The girls she has sent me do not usually speak much English (even if they clean well), so I can only recommend them if you yourself speak Spanish and can communicate.

There is a Hispanic woman who arranges schedules for cleaning ladies. To the best of my knowledge, there is no minimum or 'agency fee'. Her name is Araceli and she is at 848-525-8381. I haven't used her, but another user on the site (who PM'd me about her) says that while they aren't the most reliable, she is very happy with the person she has now and has been using her for a couple of months.

SingALong

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 4:06 pm
There's also Illana landau who screens her ladies really well, they clean fantastik but don't necessarily speak English. However you need to have about 10 hours per day, every day, max sharing 2 neighbors total, meaning you and one other person. I shy think she'll send if its a lady to go from house to house every 2-3 hours.

studying_torah

Post Sat, Sep 07 2013, 9:17 pm
do you have Ilana's number, or know where she lives, so I can look her up?
Thanx! Very Happy

amother

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 2:25 am
look in the Lakewood directory, Aron and Ilana landau on Tuxedo terrace
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry