Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
4 year old twins wont go to bed!

rzab

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 8:03 pm
When my twins were babies they were amazing sleepers. When they turned three and started climbing out of their cribs so we moved them into beds, since then bedtime has been a nightmare! They also wake up earlier in the morning and whenever they wake up in the middle of the night they climb into my bed.
Any advice on getting them to bed and making sure they stay there?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 8:19 pm
are they in separate rooms? they might be feeding off each other's energy. we had that problem--- we gave them separate rooms at that age.

you can do child locks at the top of the doors or gates in front of their doors, assuming they don't need access to the toilet at night.

Do they get what they want by climbing into your bed? attention from you, or being allowed to stay there? Silently walking them right back to their own rooms is what the experts say if you don't do child locks or gates. At almost age 7, we're still doing the child locks--- if they need the bathroom during the night they yell and wake us up. Smile I prefer that to the chaos of kids climbing in with me.

rzab

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 8:57 pm
They are in the same room, we'll separate them for bed time and switch them back to their own beds after, we don't have so many options with that.
When they come to my bed in the middle of the night, I just take them right back to bed, but they don't seem to get the message. My biggest problem is getting them to get to sleep. They just won't do it! Sad

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 10:16 pm
I have 4 year old twins as well...the only thing that got them to go to sleep was changing schools so that they wouldnt have a madatory naptime anymore.

Also we do the same bedtime routine everynight and play a lullabye cd.

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 1:52 am
Bribery sometimes works.
I once had a babysitter work for me who put a mini chocolate (with my permission, of course!) under the pillow of the kids who went to sleep nicely, for them to discover when they woke in the morning - to prevent them from eating it at night they had to show it to me in the morning and then they got a star on their general star chart.

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 1:54 am
Oh, and one of my six year old twins is currently going through a phas e where she wakes up in the night to use the toilet and then decides to sleep the rest of the night on the couch.

I also agree with trying to separate them at bedtime, as much as possible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more