Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Webermans victim
Previous  1  2

marina

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 3:45 pm
my apologies if I misunderstood.

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 4:10 pm
marina wrote:
Squishy wrote:
marina wrote:
Quote:
Marina: If the community and its leaders are not willing to admit to anything more than yichud violations and they don't respect those outside their community, do you think your petition will be effective where it is needed? I have been wondering about this since I saw your thread earlier today. I am asking purely for information and I am not looking to challenge what you are doing. I think showing the victim support is a good thing.

As I wrote here:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....24313

DON'T sign this petition if you think it will magically fix anything in this particular religious community. It won't.

DO sign this petition if you want to show support for the victim and her family. They will see each signature and each message of support.

DO sign this petition if you want to give your rabbis a chance to take a position on this topic. The rabbis who will receive all the signatures are listed below.

BUT most of all, sign this petition if you want to take back your Judaism. Sign to disassociate yourself from those who pervert and twist our traditions and faith. Sign to show that your religion protects the victims and not the abusers, that your religion doesn't tolerate bullying those who have already been through hell, that your religion can't and won't accept this type of evil.

I had read that thread, and I am still confused. You are sending the petition to "Satmar (Rabbis Aaron and Zalman Teitelbaum)." Aren't those the leaders of the particular religious community you say won't have anything fixed by the petition?

You have to give everyone a chance. They are there pro forma.

Thank you for answering. I think they have been given a lot of chances. Do you think there is a way to do anything that would be effective?

FTR I think what you are doing on imamother is a big step in the right direction. You could be influencing people who IRL voice support for Weberman and the theory of the conviction due to yichud violations who privately agree with you.

I mentioned in a previous thread that I know one of his unnamed victims and this support you are showing to his named victim is important to others.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics