Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
If you wash your tablecloths...

Sherri

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:00 pm
...and don't dry them in the dryer, where do you hang them to dry?

Clothing can go on hangers and hang on a laundry rod, but the tablecloths are very long.

So far they dry over the banister (with a towel underneath to protect the wood), but I am looking for another solution.

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:04 pm
I fold them into quarters and hang on the line outside. Same as sheets.
In wet weather, I fold and hang over an indoor clothes rack.

boro parker

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:06 pm
I do the same over 2 chairs

self-actualization

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:09 pm
Over the door to the laundry room, and sometimes stretched out along the top of the basement couch (leather).

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:12 pm
Sherri wrote:

Clothing can go on hangers and hang on a laundry rod, but the tablecloths are very long.

So far they dry over the banister (with a towel underneath to protect the wood), but I am looking for another solution.
I hang them on hangers and then hang them on the shower rod.

Sherri

mummy-bh wrote:
Don't they take ages to dry on a clothes rack? I fold my heavy tablecloth once when drying indoors (I do not have an outdoors option) and I find that it is so thick already. Linen is not as thick a material.

rw555

Over the shower curtain rod but it must be attached to the wall otherwise it will be to heavy and bring down the entire rod

Sherri

shabbatiscoming wrote:
Sherri wrote:

So how many times do you fold? How long does it take to dry?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:15 pm
Sherri wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Sherri wrote:

So how many times do you fold? How long does it take to dry?
I usually wash them friday morning and hang them in the bathroom and they are dry a few hours later (in the winter a bit longer). How many times do I fold them? I never really counted but depending on the material of the table cloth, sometimes I let them scrunched up and dont fold them, if they are the kind that dont wrinkle. If they do wrinkle, I fold them as many times as I need to in order for them to fit well on the hanger, thats all.

Happy18

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:36 pm
Hang them over a closet door with the door open.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 3:44 pm
gosharuni ~ just put them in the dryer ...

oliveoil

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 5:59 pm
I put it on an extra spin cycle so it comes out very dry, then lay it back on the table for a few hours to fully dry.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 6:25 pm
Depends on the size. Either on a clothes-drying rack, or draped over the horizontal bar of one or two plastic clothes hangers. My machine spin-dries so they're not dripping. Sometimes I hand-wash, in which case they hang on plastic hangers over the tub.

Kfar

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 7:52 pm
I empty the clothes dryer rack and use the whole thing for the table cloth. When it gets semi-dry, I put it in the electric dryer with a few cloths (I call this fake ironing) until pretty much dry. Then, depending upon the material and how it has come out, I may iron a bit, then leave for "final drying"

BTW, this is why I use plastic covers -- even on Shabbat! -- but that was a whole other topic Cool

mummy-bh

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 12:03 am
Sherri wrote:
mummy-bh wrote:
Don't they take ages to dry on a clothes rack? I fold my heavy tablecloth once when drying indoors (I do not have an outdoors option) and I find that it is so thick already. Linen is not as thick a material.
yes, it does take a while. I always wash the shabbos tablecloths straight after shabbos. If they are drying indoors it will take until the next day for them to be dry, even with me turning them over.
But I don't have to dry indoors all that often Wink

If you have a dryer, why not put them in?

Sherri

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 8:31 am
I don't think these tablecloths could be dried- damask

amother

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 8:35 am
I dry it on the table!!!

but recently I put in the dryer and nothing happened so I might continue doing that!

greenfire

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 8:50 am
they can be dried ... just not forever - my dryer has an automatic button that turns off with press care to cool it so it doesn't crease if you don't take it out right away ... but if you don't want it to crease put it in for 5 minutes & just take it out right away

Cookies n Cream

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 8:52 am
Sherri wrote:
I don't think these tablecloths could be dried- damask

I've dried damask tablecloths many times
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry