Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
BABY GIFT

ny21

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:51 pm
what would you give as a gift to a women who

has had her 5th baby .

I always like to give clothing.

I have ordered her quilts for the new baby girl.

JMto2

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:01 pm
I like to give toys. Clothing has to be the right size and taste. Toys you can get a toy for a 2 year old age and she will enjoy it then.

ny21

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:03 pm
What toy would be good for her?

I have to mail the gift to her?

JMto2

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:06 pm
you can get a few soft toys which are light and easy to mail you can get a gift card.

HealthCoach

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:11 pm
Tiny Love products are good. If you order online, you can have it shipped directly. I googled it, and I see you can get free shipping. I once got a friend the Dancing with Uncle Moishy CD because my kids loved it (it's the best one by far). I got it online from Mostly Music and they shipped it for free.

Marion

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 3:47 pm
A gift card is good. I once asked a friend what she'd like (5th child, 2nd boy)...she said onesies are ALWAYS good. They get spit up on, crawled in, chewed, dirtied (in the diaper area) and after a couple of kids just are plain falling apart. So now that's what I always give for a 2nd or 3rd (or more) boy or girl. New onesies; usually a 3-pack, in size 3-6 or 6-12 months.

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 3:58 pm
For a woman who has a bunch of kids, I think it's a nicer idea to get her a present FOR HER, maybe a piece of costume jewellery or some perfume. Or, better still, give her a gift certificate of a different kind - offering to make her family a meal on 3 different nights of her choice, she can cash it in with 48 hours notice up to 3 months after birth. I know that would be my number one present!!

red sea

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 6:45 pm
I like clothing, they are always needed no matter how many kids, things get worn out, dirty, if you dont know their taste, you stick to basics from popular sores like gap and childrens place.

supermom

Post Tue, Oct 31 2006, 5:04 am
mummy-bh wrote:
offering to make her family a meal on 3 different nights of her choice, she can cash it in with 48 hours notice up to 3 months after birth. I know that would be my number one present!!

I won't feel comfortable asking someone to make me a meal.

As for presents I like to make covers. I buy fleece plain colors or with designs, and cut strips on the bottom and tie it up in knots. I looks expensive and perfect for wrapping baby up. Each one of my kids have one (my grandmother made them) and till today they drag it everywhere they go.

shoy18

Post Tue, Oct 31 2006, 1:04 pm
I recently discovered a great present for any baby. I went to Pottary Barn kids and bought a towel set, an adorable towel with a wash cloth and a little bath toy. You can also buy letters that make up the childs name to hang over their bed.

Mishie

Post Tue, Oct 31 2006, 1:09 pm
Lately I've been getting everyone's babies a personalized gift.
We have a store here, where you can get emboridery (spelling?) on hooded-towels, blankets, bibs etc...
You can even bring your own stuff and have the name put on.
It's always nice to have something with your name on it!!!

ny21

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 9:51 am
thanks for your answers

Tila

Post Tue, Jan 30 2007, 11:42 am
I love to knit basic baby sweaters, but I knit them in funky cool colors. I give them to moms who I know LOVE diversity!!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 30 2007, 12:32 pm
I had my _th boy very recently. My favorite gifts this time were:

Gift certificate for massage and manicure.

Cosmetics bag with matching jewelry roll.

Mazel tov.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics