Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Who's doing teshuva ready for RH 5775 already? Never 2 early

shalhevet

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 10:30 am
We all know Purim themes are transient, and if you scrub your house for Pesach now it'll only get dirty again.

So, if you want to get ready for a chag early, why not RH and YK? Because doing teshuva and working on ourselves is always a good thing, and the benefits will be eternal even if we do so in Kislev.

And, seriously, it is brought that Zos Chanuka (the last day of Chanuka) is the real "final sealing", so it's not so out of season after all.

(And, BTW, every time I see the thread about reviving old threads whose time has passed, I think of someone starting a thread whose time has not yet come...)

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 11:06 am
And the great thing is, if you have your head in the right place - thinking about the meaning of the chag, or focusing on the six mitzvos, or listening to something meaniingful - you can multitask and do teshuva at the same time as Purim prep!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 11:14 am
Yeah, teshuva is all year long.

I LOVE LOVE Purim, but the obsession here is actually a turn off. Surprised

chanee

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 11:32 am
We all know choidesh elul does not necessarily define tshuva. Each and every day a person can change to the better. Hashem always hears our tfilois and will notice every move and change in our lives. Rosh hashona is the day hashem collects all our deeds done throughout the year. If you wanna improve them you shall not wait for the last minute.

willow

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 11:48 am
A lot of Teshuvah can be had with Purim. Just saying it can be like a yom kippur

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 12:32 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Yeah, teshuva is all year long.

I LOVE LOVE Purim, but the obsession here is actually a turn off. Surprised
Yes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur