Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Bed bugs???? Any advice anyone?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 11:22 pm
Woke up with bites on one of my arms....checked all over my bed, mattress, cover pillow, looked in some draws (with a flash light) found nothing B'H....but these bites look very suspicious.....(my grandfather is just getting over bed bugs and was over for yom tov) how can I figure out if these are bed bug bites if I can't find any bugs (B'H) Can a Dr. tell what kind of bites these are? Should I call an exterminator even if I cant find any bugs?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 11:46 pm
Strip nekkid, burn everything down, and move to another state. It's the only way to be sure.

Sorry. Seriously, flip your mattress over and check the seams and under the tags. They are really tiny, like little dots, and they can burrow into the tiniest cracks. If the bites are three in a row, that's a classic bedbug pattern. Exterminators call that the "breakfast, lunch and dinner" bite. shock

Best of luck, I hope it's just mosquitoes!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 12:07 am
Flipped the bed checked in the liners and but on the bed bug protector on mattress and bed and found nothing....my mother helped me and she checked the way the exterminator checked at my grandfather...and she saw the bed bugs by him and she said she didnt say anything by me,

DREAMING

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 12:12 am
as a precaution you can get the bed bug covers

September June

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 12:14 am
Cover all mattresses with a plastic zip cover. They do not have to be made especially for bed bugs, any will do. Any bed bugs in your mattresses will suffocate and die. Wash all bedding.
Have an exterminator come in and check that the bed bugs didn't spread past the mattresses. If they did, you will need a bed bug treatment.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 12:35 am
got the bed bug covers....put them on already....the question is....how do I know I have them if I cant find any bugs? will a dr. be able to tell what kind of bites they are? I ask bec I really dont have time to go to the dr but if he could tell me what they are I would make the time to go

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 5:42 am
Dh went to 4 doctors and no one told him it was bed bugs. Only way to tell is to bring in a trusted exterminator. Also check the box springs- we found none on the mattresses but we found a light case under the box springs. Dh was also the only one bitten- so call someone you trust.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 7:55 am
[color="red"]We are also dealing with something like this. DD has bires, but we can't see anything. This week, I am buying covers, putting down sticky traps, washing all clothing on hot, cleaning thoroughly, and changing and washing sheets.

If that doesn't work, it will be extirmator time, and keeping all clothing out of the room and in plastic bags after washing, and taking everything off the shelves until the room is treated.[/color]
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry