Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Tips for Getting Perfect Results when Mopping

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 10:41 pm
HI. I mop a lot, with four kids, its highest priority in cleaning. Wooden floors with pine sole mixed with water, tiled with a little soap mixed with water. But I really don't like the way it comes out. Either the floor isn't 100% clean or the floor seems sticky or awkward walking over, as if I'm using too much soap, but I'm not. and for sure it never shines. embarrassed So, what am I doing wrong and what should I be doing?
TIA.

ROFL

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 10:58 pm
Try moping with plain water on the wooden floor. Wash the mop frequently, and change water to assure that floor us clean.
On tile floors I use the israeli method , I use a shmattah with water, soap and every once in a while I put bleach in the water. I then use a squeegee on a stick and sweep up the water in a pile then gather it up in the shmattah. You actually can see that the floor gets clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry