Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Keep or Disgard

amother

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 5:43 pm
I am moving so while I am packing I am also trying to get rid of unnecessary stuff.
I always kept cards I got. Thank you cards, birthday cards, anniversary cards... every card I got I kept. I've never really looked at them once they were added to the box. Now that I'm packing I'm thinking of throwing them out. What do you think? Any reason to keep them?

pizza4

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 5:46 pm
Keep!!
I'm a saver.
Cards and letters I definitely keep! It's so nice to read through them once in a while.
Unless it's really taking up a lot of space, keep 'em.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 6:37 pm
Dump 'em! You said yourself you never look at them, so what's the point of keeping them? Aunt Sophie will neither know not care that you tossed the card she sent you for graduating kindergarten.

myself

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 6:42 pm
I would choose a few for sentimental value and discard the rest.

SingALong

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 6:52 pm
Can u scan them into your PC, and maybe even print for a small photo album? That way u still keep the memories without the clutter. I do that for my kids awards and pics of special projects.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 7:43 pm
zaq wrote:
Dump 'em! You said yourself you never look at them, so what's the point of keeping them? Aunt Sophie will neither know not care that you tossed the card she sent you for graduating kindergarten.

Thank you. This is what I really wanted to hear to calm the guilty voice of 'its not nice to throw it out'
I did save all the cards my children have gotten and intend to give it to them when they're old enough to read on their own.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 7:45 pm
SingALong wrote:
Can u scan them into your PC, and maybe even print for a small photo album? That way u still keep the memories without the clutter. I do that for my kids awards and pics of special projects.

Cute idea but its really not stuff I need at this point. The ones that are from my husband are kept separate and will be kept the rest are really not necessary. I just needed to convince myself its ok to throw them out

black and white

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 9:25 pm
I realize that you want to hear its ok to throw them out but for me I keep all the cards and letters I ever got from my kids and husband.
Actually my kids love looking through the treasure box(that what we call it) to look at their projects from school or letters they wrote to me.Sorry I know its not what you want to hear but I happen to look at it as beautiful mementos.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 9:28 pm
black and white wrote:
I realize that you want to hear its ok to throw them out but for me I keep all the cards and letters I ever got from my kids and husband.
Actually my kids love looking through the treasure box(that what we call it) to look at their projects from school or letters they wrote to me.Sorry I know its not what you want to hear but I happen to look at it as beautiful mementos.

I'm not referring to cards from my kids and husband. More like birthday cards from hs friends when we were in hs, cards that came with tips when I worked as a counselor as a teenager, thank you cards for gifts I've given...

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 9:46 pm
I save the special and personal ones and throw the rest away. If there's a special person who tends to send generic cards (e.g. a grandmother who always sends a standard birthday greeting card with just "Dear you, love me" added) I keep one or two to remember them by and dump the rest. Anything hand written by a kid I keep, they're just too cute when you come across them years later!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics