Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Vacuum cleaner which one to buy?

abaker

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 2:38 pm
suggestions on what vacuum we should buy? not too pricey but reliable....ours is a year old or a little less and is making a huge mess! more dirt/dust is coming out than going in. probably going to get a new one sunday...help me! (I'm in north america, dont know if the brands differ in israel)

pause

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 2:46 pm
I'll be watching this thread for answers. I only want a canister vacuum. From all the research I did, it seems like if you want to go expensive, it's the Miele (I think model s2121 at about $350). If you want to do cheap but worthwhile, it's the Bissell at about $50.

southernima

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 3:05 pm
I have a miele stick vacuum (called the universal upright). I have had it for 8 years and it still works like the day I got it...and its affordable. BB&B sells it so you can use your 20% off coupon on it.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....18889

abaker

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 4:28 pm
pause wrote:
I'll be watching this thread for answers. I only want a canister vacuum. From all the research I did, it seems like if you want to go expensive, it's the Miele (I think model s2121 at about $350). If you want to do cheap but worthwhile, it's the Bissell at about $50.

I have a bissell--- thats what sprayed my living room with dirt and dust! lol I also thought it was a pretty good brand...maybe I bought the wrong model.

abaker

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 4:30 pm
southernima wrote:
I have a miele stick vacuum (called the universal upright). I have had it for 8 years and it still works like the day I got it...and its affordable. BB&B sells it so you can use your 20% off coupon on it.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....18889

I got my coupon ready! will have to show it to dh though...he actually does most of the vacuuming around here! does it have a filter/bag that needs to be changed...or is it one you just dump out the dirt and rinse the filter? does it have an attachment to vacuum in the couch cushions?

ldg

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 6:41 pm
I like Shark vacuums also available at bb&b and prob. about $200.

southernima

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 9:49 pm
abaker wrote:
I got my coupon ready! will have to show it to dh though...he actually does most of the vacuuming around here! does it have a filter/bag that needs to be changed...or is it one you just dump out the dirt and rinse the filter? does it have an attachment to vacuum in the couch cushions?

1. As an FYI, it is a "stick" type of vacuum so it does not stand up on its own. I am not sure if that would bother you. I don't even notice it, but I was thinking about it and realize it might bother people.

2. It has bags that need to be changed. The bags are fairly large and hold a lot. I don't find I have to change them a lot. They sell them at BB&B so you can use a coupon for that too!

3. There are 3 attachments. 1 regular vacuum attachment with 2 settings - hard floors or carpet. One smaller, probably for hard floors and furniture. 1 small one at an angle to get into corners. It doesn't have a big hose or anything for the furniture. You have to pick it up, but as I mentioned there is a smaller one that I use for when I want to vacuum under the cushions. If you look in the picture of the vacuum, you can see the 2 attachments.

If you want something that stands up, my mom has the miele that stands up. Its called the twist upright vacuum, and she loves it. Also from BB&B. I just didn't want anything so big, since I initially bought the stick vacuum when I was a 21 year old living in a one bedroom apartment on the Upper West Side! b"h 8 years later it's still going strong!

abaker

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 12:01 pm
thanks southernima -- will keep the miele in mind when we go shopping. I washed out the filter & containers (mine doesnt hve a bag) and its BH not spitting dirt out anymore, so I guess it has a little more life left in it! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry