Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Large capacity countertop oven for Pesach?

MommyLuv

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 8:48 am
I need to buy a toaster/convection type oven for Pesach, and I want it to be able to fit two 9 by 13' pans on two racks. All the options at the stores nearby are too small, even the pricier ones.

Does anyone know where I can find one, maybe online? Brands, prices?
Oh, and I dont live in NY...

thanks!! Very Happy

shoy18

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 8:50 am
http://salestores.com/hamilt29.html

this look big enough

brooklyn

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 9:02 am
Don't you clean your oven for Pesach?

MommyLuv

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 9:21 am
no, it's not a self-cleaning oven, and we try to be extra strict with Pesach and get separate stuff as much as possible.
we do kasher the stovetop though.

shoy, your pick looks good...thanks Smile

shopaholic

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 10:33 am
We don't use a chometz oven either, even if it is self clean. Last Peasch I had just gottne a new oven so I used it. This year I have to buy a counter top one too.

brooklyn

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 10:46 am
Why don't you use the oven? It that an extra chumra or is there a question of cleaning it out well enough? I know that BT's have kashured their ovens when they became frum, isn't that along the same lines?

MommyLuv

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 11:36 am
Well, you know Lubavitchers are fanatic about Pesach...much more than for kashrus the rest of the year...along the same lines of Lubavitchers avoiding processed foods for Pesach, and many people avoid eating in other peoples homes on Pesach...

Of course, an oven kashered properly is 100% ok to use, and I'm sure plenty of people do that for Pesach.

My parents actually have a full-size range that they take out, just for Pesach! Tongue Out

brooklyn

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 11:54 am
I find it hard enough to store all my Pesach dishes and pots, I couldn't imagine having to store a stove too. How about fridge? Can you use your regular one or do you have a Pesach one too?

MommyLuv

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 12:00 pm
brooklyn wrote:
I find it hard enough to store all my Pesach dishes and pots, I couldn't imagine having to store a stove too. How about fridge? Can you use your regular one or do you have a Pesach one too?

LOL. I think we can agree that if you clean your fridge well enough, it's fine.

My parents have a large closet in the basement just for Pesach stuff, so they had room for the stove there apparently. I am not blessed with too much storage space, though, so no Pesach stove for me... Tongue Out Wink

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 12:59 pm
I'm sure an oven like that is expensive to buy and operate...wouldn't you rather buy a self cleaning oven that you use all year?

Mevater

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 1:53 pm
I have the Haier Convection Rotisserie Oven RTC1700, 1.5 cu ft capacity, for Pesach.
For all year round, I have the Hamilton Beach Countertop Oven with Convection and Rotisserie, Model 31197, 1.1 cu ft capacity.

I like them both.

brooklyn

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 2:06 pm
Your Pesach oven is bigger than your year round one.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 2:38 pm
I have a Magic Mill full-size convection, toaster countertop oven, and it fits a 9x13 pan, and has room for two racks, but not sure if height is enough for two full depth (what they call half-deep) pans. (I use mine for milchigs).

There were two brands that fit that size pan, and I forgot why I took this one, but the pan goes in all the way (lengthwise), and doesn't need to be folded in a little to squish inside.

The heat setting is only up to 450 Fahrenheit, but it does have a broiler setting.

Okay, I just checked and it will fit one half-deep pan on 1 rack and one more shallow (1/4 deep?), what they call lasagna pan of 9x13 on the 2nd rack.

I'm sure you can find a bigger oven, if you have the space.

Last edited by TzenaRena on Tue, Feb 13 2007, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 2:40 pm
TR, do you find it's expensive to run it (electricity)?

Mevater

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 2:45 pm
brooklyn wrote:
Your Pesach oven is bigger than your year round one.

It happened by accident, bec. the Haier was on sale, Pesachtime, but it's the only oven I have for Pesach, at the moment, so it worked out well.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 2:51 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
TR, do you find it's expensive to run it (electricity)?
I'd never know. We have a full size under the counter GE Profile electric convection oven, which I use for parve. Since we installed it, newer convection models have come out, now you can even install a gas convection oven under the counter (the only place I have space for one). The small counter oven's use of electricity probably gets absorbed in the larger oven's. And probably EVERYTHING gets absorbed by the cost of the refrigerator's use, it's a monstrous electricity fresser. Sad

Last edited by TzenaRena on Tue, Feb 13 2007, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 3:06 pm
Okay . . another qustion, if you don't mind answering it - do you pay more than $100 for your montly electric bill?

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 3:38 pm
Yes, for sure. Summers add air conditioning costs. Sad

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 8:39 pm
You could be put on level billing, but not to hijack the thread . . I consider about $100 a normal electricity bill in general . . .

If you tell me you spend more, than I assume your electric appliances are expensive to run. A oven can use gas, for example, which is cheaper to run.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars