Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Turn off beeping from oven

Leahh

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 9:34 am
If I set the timer on my ge oven, or leave it on without using shabbos mode, when it goes off it continuously beeps. I've only tested it during the weekoto see how it works and after a few minutes turned it off. So I would like to know how long the beeping will continue for if I don't turn it off and is there a way to make it not beep at all?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 9:48 am
Obviously we can't answer that without knowing the brand and model. If you'll check your manual (if you don't have it Google the brand and model number) you can probably find the answer.

Leahh

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 10:16 am
I wrote that its a ge and I think they are all the same or similar. In case not, my model is jgb695.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 11:12 am
I found manuals here: GE JGB695 Oven Manuals and went through it quickly and didn't see any way to do what you want other than by using the oven in Shabbos mode.

Leahh

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 11:14 am
OOTBubby wrote:
I found manuals here: GE JGB695 Oven Manuals and went through it quickly and didn't see any way to do what you want other than by using the oven in Shabbos mode.

Thanks. I have that manual but it doesn't give alot of information.

passaicmom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 8:31 pm
When you put the oven in Shabbos mode it stops the beeps. You can set the timer to turn off in Shabbos mode, I set mine to turn off a few hours after candle lighting so I know my food will be warm when we are ready to eat.

busydev

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 10:00 pm
I have a ge spectra.
my timer will beep forever if not in shabbos mode.
we did it once... it was shavuos a few weeks after our wedding and only a couple weeks after we moved in. I put the oven on timer for the first night, but not on shabbos mode cause we didnt need it the rest of the meals cuz we were eating out. it beeped the entire yom tov.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen