Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where can I buy girls skirts in J'lem?

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 3:05 pm
We'll be making a quick sortie next week, IY'H.
The title pretty much says it all, I'm happy to travel to different parts of J'lem, but
DD has very specific requests.

1. NOTHING BLACK or NAVY or GRAY. She prefers some colour. Denim is ok.

2. NOTHING SYNTHETIC-ey and CLING-ey.
We haven't had much luck with "frum brands" on-line purchases.
The elastic goes too loose after a few washes, and/or material is too thin/shiny/cling-ey.
Prefer something with natural fabrics, either woolen/wool mix or cotton.

3. NOTHING THAT'S TOO LONG/SWIPES THE FLOOR.
Mid-calf is ok, but she'd feel more comfortable/cute in skirts that are just a few inches below knees.

Thanks v much, in advance.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 4:01 pm
It's a while since I was there but you could try Chor Bakir? (Ben Yehuda, up a staircase somewhere!)

Success10

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 4:43 pm
Clothes here are not the best quality, fabrics, unless you pay a price. I have never paid that price, so I wouldn't know where to get them. Why doesn't she have something custom made to her needs? She can get the fabric here in Israel, they have nice quality in Beit Habad in Geula, I doubt she will have time to have it made while she's here, but certainly having it made back in the UK wouldn't be more expensive than buying new?

Ariella28

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 4:50 pm
zeesys in Romema Center on Rechov Petach Tikva has a nice bunch of skirts, they are quiet expensively price though. If you check the advertisers that come round there are a few that people have in their houses, which may be cheaper. I recently bought from 'the skirt rack' located on ezrat torah, but I dont have her contact info, it is advertised in the english advertiser, when I get it, will check bn! good luck!!

morahaviva

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:16 pm
Chazaiyot Menashe - in that little midrachov off King George... when you come up from,, is it shamai? Hillel? Across where.. dating myself here... Richies used to be..I think the big Shwarma place is right there. Anyway - there is one store for women and one for kids.

Marion

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:10 pm
Chatzaiyot Menashe is at the beginning of Agrippas, just up from King George and yes, just up from Melech haFalafel.

I would recommend Chor baKir. On Ben Yehuda, it's a few flights up but there is (finally) a sign at street level at the right entrance. They've got everything. She might also want to consider something that's too long...it can be shortened to fit what she wants! The girls there are really good at finding stuff and you have to rely on them somewhat because it's just so packed...but prices are reasonable and selection is awesome.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions