Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Aliyahu in Maale Adumim Soon - Some Advices?

ilya

Post Fri, Feb 07 2014, 8:49 am
Ok. That`s it! We have tickets and B''H in the end of March we are arriving!

I thought I was prepared but now I`m getting nervous.
So, please, give me some advices what not to miss.

What about chupat holim? What to choose?
Is there ulpan in the city? What level?
We have three kids. DD of 5, and DS of 3 and 1. The baby will be at home for the beggining. But the older kids have to go to some Gan. We will be in Kikar Hayahalon. On the Simtat neighbourhood. Something good in this area?

This questions are for the begining.

Shabbath Shalom! Smile

grace413

Post Fri, Feb 07 2014, 9:33 am
Welcome! I'm sure you'll get some good answer from my fellow MA imamothers on Motzash or Sunday.

Just about to shut down now, but wanted to let you know that Maale Adumim is great place to live.

Sanguine

Post Fri, Feb 07 2014, 9:37 am
Was about to post an then saw that Grace responded, but since I already typed this I'm posting it
======================================================================

I see your post here and feel bad that no one's answering and encouraging you. I don't live in Maaleh Adumim and I made aliya too long ago to be helpful so post again on Motzei Shabbat and you'll get good responses

Shabbat Shalom

Marion

Post Sat, Feb 08 2014, 12:26 pm
Welcome!

If you're going to be in Avnei haChoshen (those are the "simtaot" I assume you're talking about) there are a few ganim there. I've heard good things about Gan Lilach, but I'm in a different area of town and didn't check it out myself. Otherwise, depending on availability and how far you want to shlep there are good ganim in haNechalim, 07, and Mitzpe Nevo.

Kupat cholim is up to you. All four (Meuchedet, Maccabi, Leumit, and Clalit) have branches. Maccabi and Clalit have branches in Kikar Yahalom; Meuchedet's main branch is in the mall and their dental clinic is in Kikar Yahalom. Clalit Smile (the dental clinic) used to be in Kikar Yahalom; I don't know if it is still there or if they moved. Leumit's is in Kikar Keren, but it's also not very far from where you'll be. Tipat Chalav is in Kikar Kedem, also less than a 10 minute walk from you (but in the other direction).

Ulpan in the city, and level, depends on the olim who are here. As far as I know at the moment there is not a class running, but that doesn't mean there won't be in the future.

Lastly, depending on your 5 year old's birthday...if s/he will be six by December 31st you need to think about school because s/he makes the cutoff for grade one registration. If you want to consider keeping her back for any reason you also have to do paperwork for that. I don't know what the default school for Avnei haChoshen is; if you're looking at Torani it doesn't matter because it will be Ma'ale haTorah, but if you're looking at regular mamlachti dati it's a question to ask. You can ask at the city when you go to register for gan. My best guess would be Sdei Chemed, but it might be Tzemach haSadeh (06). Avnei haChoshen is kind of right in the middle of everything...

grace413

Post Sat, Feb 08 2014, 3:29 pm
MA has an aliyah coordinator, her name is Shelly Brinn. Are you coming with Nefesh B'Nefesh? If so, they should give you her contact info.

If not, let us know and we'll find her info for you.

I'm happy with Macabbi and many people I know are happy with Meuchedet.

boysrus

Post Sat, Feb 08 2014, 7:53 pm
HI OP

just wanted to touch base and wish you hatzlacha!
We visited Maale adumim on our pilot trip last year, we really liked the elementary schools. We visited Maale hatorah adn Sedei Chemed. And Shelly Brinn was extremely helpful!

Unfortunately our aliyah did not work out yet.

I hope that everyhting goes smoothly for you!

ilya

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 7:34 am
Thanks a lot!

We aren`t comming with NBN. Here, in Bulgaria, there is no NBN Sad
So, please, could someone give us the number of Shelly Brinn Smile
My DH will be in MA in the end of Feb to arrange some last things arround the new home so maybe it will be good to meet this lady for some pre-aliyah advices ...

And another question, if someone knows. Is there in MA violin teacher? Our daughter play violin She is really in the beggining but enjoy a lot, so it will be great if she could continue playing?

Marion

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 7:48 am
There's a music conservatory in Ma'ale Adumim. Violin is certainly available.

I will PM you Shelley Brinn's phone #. And mine. If he needs a place for Shabbos he's welcome here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions