Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Bas-Mitzvah Gift-what do you give?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 8:43 am
what can we give to a Bas Mitzvah ?
The girl is cute ,modern (goes to Shulamis)-what do you think she is going to like?

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 8:54 am
The most original Bat Mitzvah gift my girls got was from one particular neighbor... a mini leatherman tool Smile

Gift certificates are always nice - to a judaica store, to barnes and noble or amazon or to target or wal-mart... then there's jewelry.

Marion

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 9:53 am
The bat mitzvah we went to on Friday...I made the cake. I figured between that and the fact that we had to rent a car for 3 days to even be able to get there, well, I didn't bring another gift.

My mom bought (for the same girl) a scrapbooking kit so she could create a memories book for herself. (Very creative girl, likes to bake, cook, etc.) Another friend was going to give a good cookbook.

malkie

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 8:09 pm
Scrapbooking supplies...great ones for great price at Amazing Savings...I just got it for a bas mitzvah and girl and she LOVED it!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 11:25 am
nICE BOOK FROM A Judaica shop. Soemthing to grow into.

lotte

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 11:45 am
Girls from Shulamis are not into frum books,they are moe into Juicy Couture.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 12:02 pm
teneleven wrote:

So you know ALL the girls who go to Shulamith?

I realize it's changed a lot since my day, but I know plenty of grads who were happier with Judaica than with "juicy couture".

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 12:05 pm
teneleven wrote:

Wow, that was a great way to insult a whole establishment and spread lashon hara about an entire school. Well done.

I just went to a bas mitzvah and bought the girl a pretty little necklace, nothing expensive, just very pretty. She really liked it.

Mishie

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 12:16 pm
A Jewlery-Box is always nice to give/receive.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 12:46 pm
I happen to be of the opinion that since we are celebrating a bas mitzva and not a sweet 16 it should be a gift of the spiritual realm. A leather siddur or machzor or tehillim is always usuable no matter how modern or chassidish or whatever a girl is. I find other friends to chip in with if its from daughter.

Squash

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 1:05 pm
greenfire wrote:
I happen to be of the opinion that since we are celebrating a bas mitzva and not a sweet 16 it should be a gift of the spiritual realm. A leather siddur or machzor or tehillim is always usuable no matter how modern or chassidish or whatever a girl is. I find other friends to chip in with if its from daughter.

Thumbs Up

youngmommy

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 1:25 pm
I recently bought a bas mitzvah girl a cute pocketbook and matching wallet - I think she really liked it.

HealthCoach

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 11:53 pm
Quote:
I happen to be of the opinion that since we are celebrating a bas mitzva and not a sweet 16 it should be a gift of the spiritual realm.

Good point. I never thought about it that way.

ltlesmartmom

Post Wed, Jan 24 2007, 12:08 am
jewlery, siddur, tehilim. e.c.t.

mirikush

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 9:25 pm
Quote:
what can we give to a Bas Mitzvah ?
The girl is cute ,modern (goes to Shulamis)-what do you think she is going to like?

errr...I may have missed the point but does it matter that she's cute. Would you give an ugly kid something different? What Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics