Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How much is too much?

amother

Post Sat, Feb 10 2007, 8:43 pm
I want to buy a nice 16 inch sheitel. I have been saving for years. B"H I have set aside a decent amount of sheitel for a nice wig, like Freeda or Shevy, but not a Ralph. I want to know your opinions on how much is too much to spend.

anon

Post Sat, Feb 10 2007, 8:45 pm
Well it depends if you want fully custom or not. I think a 16inch custom shevy sheitel would cost around 2300-2400.

avigayil

Post Sat, Feb 10 2007, 10:02 pm
I never heard of a Ralph. Is that a European type brand?

About 4 years ago, I paid 1200 for a mid-length Freeda.

Squash

Post Sat, Feb 10 2007, 11:05 pm
The only time I heard of Ralph was on Gershon Veroba's tape "Just One Shaitel".
Rolling Laughter

Marion

Post Sat, Feb 10 2007, 11:29 pm
Where are you that you spend so much on a sheitel? I spent around $500 on mine, and I thought that was expensive...it was the cheapest they had (all human hair). How do women on a kollel budget afford that?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 5:14 am
I am not on a kollel budget and I want a nice Freeda or Shevy. I want to spend the going rate and if 2300 is the going rate then that is what I will spend. I have been saving for years for this and am looking forward to owning something stunning.

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 7:27 am
I got a KIKI for $1700 last year

amother

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 7:30 am
The sheitel I got as a Kallah (5 years ago) was 1600 and my parents bought me a Freeda for 1750

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 1:10 pm
amother wrote:
I am not on a kollel budget and I want a nice Freeda or Shevy. I want to spend the going rate and if 2300 is the going rate then that is what I will spend. I have been saving for years for this and am looking forward to owning something stunning.

Good for you!
I hope you get something stunning!
I always joke with DH that one of these days we are going to have start a shaitel fund for a new shaitel for me Smile

2boysandagirl

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 12:34 pm
I have a claire and love it I got it 4 years ago and it still looks great I went in to see what they have and they have beatful wigs starting at 550.00

amother

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 12:44 pm
I agree about the [size=18]claires They are the Bestout there I have one for 7 years and its still amazing.
The people there are also great and will help you till you are completely happy[/size]

amother

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 6:40 pm
I definitly agree with 2boysandagirl and amother Claire is the best my mother has been wearing her for years and always looks great
Ive been wearing them for about 6 years and love it. It is so comfortable and easy to wear
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels