Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ha-Ari school in Tzfat

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 6:25 am
Anyone send there, or have any info on them?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 7:16 am
I know it's a mamad school with a lot of history. I know people who studied there 40 years ago but I guess that's not really helpful to you.
It's not selective, they accept everyone so don't expect the whole class to be frum. OTOH, it's a big school and is more organized and accountable than some of the smaller, semi-independent schools in Tzfat.
Many of the more RW people in Tzfat send to Noam or send girls to chabad.
I suggest you spend a few hours in each of the schools you are interested in, on a typical school day. You might also want to look at the class schedule. Definitely look at class size (IIRC there is more than one class per grade in Ari and also in chabad girls).

boysrus

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 9:25 am
we visited it on our pilot trip.
it seemed to be organised adn well run, and had an animal petting corner on campus. campus was okay, nice pictures in hallways, a resource room from what I remember, principal and teachers were pleasant. we heard that they are good with kids also who are not typical academic types, they offer music lessons and otehr stuff, we heard from one of the noam principals that he sends one ofhis kids there becasue he needed something different to his other kids.

it is quite a mixed crowd. we would have sent to Noam because of htat if we had made aliyah to Tzfat.

Good location in the darom if I remember correctly. Are you in Israel yet? I know you dont have any sons, but we LOVED the noam boys high school yeshiva, we were reallly impressed with the principal.
We know the principal of hte girls noam high school persoanlly. PM if you need more infomation

amother

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 11:36 am
boysrus wrote:
we LOVED the noam boys high school yeshiva, we were reallly impressed with the principal.
We know the principal of hte girls noam high school persoanlly. PM if you need more infomation

OT, but is there now a noam high school in Tzfat? Or are you referring to the yeshivatit and the ulpanit, who take kids from noam and from Ari and other schools?

boysrus

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 12:49 pm
to the previous poster, I am a litte confused by what you mean. I meant not the regular noam, but teh one that is more of a yeshivah noam, the most chardal type boys go there. The principal
s first name is Rav Yoram (cant remember last name)

amother

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 3:34 pm
boysrus wrote:
to the previous poster, I am a litte confused by what you mean. I meant not the regular noam, but teh one that is more of a yeshivah noam, the most chardal type boys go there. The principal
s first name is Rav Yoram (cant remember last name)

OH, ok, not familiar with that. In my day the chardal boys all learned in pnimiyot outside the city.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics