Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Switching DD to Gan Yisroel in BP - who sends there?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 9:00 pm
We're not happy with our current school and Gan Yisroel was recommended for us to try to switch into.

What is the impression people get of other's who send to that school? Does it label you any which way? (All schools seem to, to some extent, so I'm asking...)

We are a yeshivish family who is trying to grow spiritually. We'd appreciate a small, nurturing, warm place for DD. She's a bright girl, and some academic challenge would be welcome, but it's not our #1 priority.

What grade does it go up to?

I looked up previous threads about it and the only concerning thread was about some handbook that everyone signs but doesn't follow, which is a bit of a turnoff. It's 2 years past that thread now and I'm wondering if anyone can comment on it.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 9:14 pm
I know some kids who went there and one of the principals.

I don't know what it's like now, but as of a few years ago there were serious disciplinary issues, with kids flouting school rules openly.
I have also heard that the teachers tend to be young and inexperienced.

however, there are many positives. They are much more flexible in terms of how they teach then other schools, and willing to incorporate other methods into their teaching. They are warm and their heart is in the right place.

An important note for a yeshivish parent is that most of the girls speak Yiddish.

Like any school, you should visit and get a feel of the school, and whether it could be a good match for your daughter.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 7:04 pm
Thank you amother above. I didn't realize the yiddish thing, will have to consider that.

Does anyone have any other info on this school? What is your perception of it and those who send?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics