Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Magna Tiles vs. Playmags??

HappyMommy23

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 12:04 pm
Anyone have experience with playmags? Is their quality good? How does it compare to the quality and durability of magna tiles?

Thanks

harriet

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 12:19 pm
I have magnatiles and a different knock off brand (I think it's stick and stack and NOT playmags) so maybe I shouldn't be commenting but the difference is HUGE!!!! The knockoff brand is garbage and a bunch of the pieces cracked and the magnatiles (which I have for longer) are still in great condition. I would NOT buy a knock off brand again, but again I don't think I have playmags so maybe that's amazing. . .

iamamother

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 12:30 pm
I think I have heard that the playmags dont last as long and some random pieces dont connect... I have magna tiles and my kids totally abuse them and they r still in perfect condition!

mom2be1

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 12:34 pm
I have the play mags it's true a few pieces don't connect but I x try to bring it back to the store because it doesn't bother me. I'm happy with my set and I like that it came with a car and some window pieces. The magna tiles comes with "boring" pieces but you can always buy the accessories seperatly.

sky

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 12:54 pm
Maybe I'm the only one but many of many magna tiles have broken and magnets have fallen out. My kids play with it a lot and my set is about 4-5 years old.
My playmags and magna tiles work fine together. I have the play mag set that comes with 4 pieces with wheels that connect to form a train. The connectors between the train cars cracked, but it could be my kids were abusing it too much. Otherwise they seem very similar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics