Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Seattle

amother

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 10:02 pm
we live in LA and love it, but are considering a move to Seattle to expand our business there.

We are lubavitch, but a bit open minded, go to college, see movies..

questions:

1. What is the elementary school like- we love our cheder here. we have girls and boys elementary age

2. What zip code is the main community?

3. What kosher stores and restaurants are there?

4. How much appoximately is a 4 bedroom house with a yard (over 2500 square feet and in good condition)

I have a bunch of questions! thank you!

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 4:43 am
1. I don't know about the lubavitch cheder, but there is TDS and SHA, which both have elementary through middle schools. if you are open to non-cheder I can post more info, otherwise, someone else will have to post...

2. 98118 is seward park. that's where most people live, but chabad is concentrated in the north end, which I think is 98115. that's also where the cheder is. there is mercer island for the rich people, but there are way fewer people there (but that's where the pizza shop and the kosher albertson's is!).

3. we have a bagel store, a pizza shop, kosher indian food, and kosher chinese. no fancy restaurants (like for taking clients out to dinner). we have a QFC and an albertson's that each have a kosher section. that's about it. we aren't fancy, but we manage Smile

4. houses get more expensive the closer to lake washington you get (I am only talking about seward park- I have no idea about the north end, but I have heard it is expensive. mercer island is for sure expensive). things are getting higher and higher, but you should expect to pay at least mid $400,000s- probably on the high side right now, unless you find a good deal. there is a husband and wife team here who does real estate who are amazing- they know everything about the community and they can totally work miracles for you.

any other questions?

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 5:53 pm
thank you so much! so helpful!

mid $400s sounds like a dream, here it would be close to $1.5 million. So far so good!

Doesn't need to be a cheder, per se, but an Orthodox school with boys and girls separated that is either Lubavitch or has many Lubavitchers in it.

Didn't know you had so many restaurants--- great!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 6:57 pm
I'm in Seattle, and you can PM me if you want. DH is Lubavitch (from London).

I hope you like cold, damp, and rainy weather, because we get that about 10 months out of the year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating