Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
How do I make a healthy (ier) pareve frosting?
Previous  1  2  3

abaker

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 4:27 pm
freidasima wrote:
Marzipan is great, my daughter does this all the time.

But where does it say that tofutti fake sour cream has trans fat? I read the hebrew label and all it says is "vegetable stabilizers" and "vegetable fat". Since when is that trans? Is there something on the english label that says it which we don't get here in EY?

OK just googled it and found someone who said that there had been a "sour supreme" which had hydrogenated veg. oil but that tofutti made another one which doesn't have this in it and it's fine.

Is this the one we get in EY? Any way to check? It doesn't have the american name and it's in hebrew, everything including the plastic package writing, not just a stick on label...

http://www.tofutti.com/dairy-f.....ream/

http://www.tofutti.com/dairy-f.....eese/

this shows which products are hydrogenated and which aren't (notice lid colors) maybe it is this way in EY too? I'm not sure.

mandksima

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 5:37 pm
ssue wrote:
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 raw honey

yummy!

Does this melt when warm out? I like the ingredients but am afraid to waste them if it doesn't come out nicely. Do you beat it with a mixer? Does the coconut oil have to be cold/solid?

ssue

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 8:09 pm
Yes, it will melt when warm out. You could use it as a glaze instead of a frosting in that case. Or keep the frosted cake in the fridge until ready to eat. Coconut oil doesn't melt until about 74 degrees F.
No need to beat with a mixer, a spoon does just fine.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins