Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ramat beit shemesh in the summer

amother

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 10:52 pm
we want to make a pilot trip like in the summer.
what month is better july or August?
is there any daycamps for girls(7 to 4 years)? and boys 2 years?
where do I find an apartment? which area is yeshivish but with foreigners?
can I see the schools at this time of the year?
when is vacation in israel?
anything else that you can tell me will help
tia

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 4:08 am
Why dont you get in touch with NBN and they can put you in touch (I would think) with people who are already living there or people who will be living there and with people who can help you out with all of your questions.

Good Luck!!!

DrMom

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 4:30 am
I don't live in RBS, but in general, people in Israel tend to go away in August, so I'd say July is better.

Re: daycamps:
Are you asking because you want to send your children to daycamps when you make aliyah, or because you want to send them during your pilot trip? What is the duration of your pilot trip?

chanchy123

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 4:30 am
In general, August is not a good time to come on a pilot trip to Israel, many of the country is pretty much shut down then. You will be hard pressed to find day camps as well. Also if you are looking for a more chareidi society - they will follow the Jewish calendar, all schools/talmud torahs will be shut down during bein hazmanim (which is in August). July would be better.

m in Israel

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 5:34 am
amother wrote:
we want to make a pilot trip like in the summer.
what month is better july or August?

As others have said, July is better, in August pretty much everyone is on vacation

Quote:
is there any daycamps for girls(7 to 4 years)? and boys 2 years?

There are daycamps, although it is not as big of a thing as in the U.S. For the 2 year old you would probably need a "backyard" camp type, for the older girls there are a few options that are more formal. Are you looking for camp for your pilot trip?

Quote:
where do I find an apartment? which area is yeshivish but with foreigners?

You have foreigners in pretty much every area of RBSA. As far as what area is "yeshivish", it really depends how you define yeshivish. There are two areas that are more "Chareidi" (mishkenos Yaakov and the Revivim area), but there are plenty of other areas with lots of American yeshivish types. And this is only in RBSA -- are you considering B or C, or Beit Shemesh proper? It's very hard to explain if you are not here -- it might be a good idea to come and see the areas. If you know which schools you are considering that might make it easier to figure out where you will fit best.

Quote:
can I see the schools at this time of the year?

The chadorim generally follow a yeshiva calendar -- their "chofesh hagodel" is from Tisha B'Av until Rosh Chodesh Elul, so if you come in July you will see them. But it looks like your older ones are girls -- I think girls schools are off according to the misrad hachinuch schedule, which means they are off in July as well. (I don't have school age girls, so I'm not sure)

Quote:
when is vacation in israel?

As I posted above, the misrad hachinuch schedule generally has July and August off. Private chadorim will usually have off from Tisha B'Av until RC Elul

Hatzlacha!!!

5*Mom

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 6:02 am
Actually, BY schools all run daycamps for their students for the first 3 weeks of July. You'll be able to peek at the girls, but it won't be a normal school situation. Also, unless you have serious protektzia, July is really really late to still not have schools for your girls. This could potentially be a very big problem for you. Do you know anyone in the neighborhood who might be able to help you out? Give you info?

m in Israel

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 6:43 am
5*Mom wrote:
Actually, BY schools all run daycamps for their students for the first 3 weeks of July. You'll be able to peek at the girls, but it won't be a normal school situation. Also, unless you have serious protektzia, July is really really late to still not have schools for your girls. This could potentially be a very big problem for you. Do you know anyone in the neighborhood who might be able to help you out? Give you info?

I kind of assumed this was a pilot trip to plan a move for next year. I can't imagine she is coming on a pilot trip in the summer with plans to move the same summer (especially if she is considering doing the pilot trip in August).

OP, if this is for this coming year, you are already late -- start making calls now, don't wait until the summer.

amother

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 9:05 am
op. Thanks for the replys
yes this is pilot trip for aliyah next year.
I don't know anything about the schools....
can I get my kids in a by day camp if they are not in the school?
I want to be there about a month and yes my kids need a day camp.
I don't know anyone in RBS, we have some family in bnei brak but I don't plan on moving there.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 9:07 am
That's a long pilot trip!
Most cities have a variety of day camps that have nothing to do with schools.
(Someone from RBS can probably give you specifics.)

5*Mom

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know anyone in RBS, we have some family in bnei brak but I don't plan on moving there.

That's better. Smile
No, unless you know someone with connections well, you probably cannot send your kids to a BY day camp if they are not in the school.

I really think the best thing for you to do is to call NBN who can put you in contact with real people to help you out with real information, accommodations, etc. Good luck!

heidi

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 1:41 pm
I have a close relative who lives in RBS. Her daughter is in a private day camp August as well as July. There are private boys day camps as well. Be in touch with someone who lives there-- there is alot there.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 1:51 pm
amother wrote:

if you want to get your kid into any kind of yeshivish school do NOT wait till the summer.
you have to work on it now.
you must call and find some people with conections to help tell you what to do to get in.
behatzlacha rabah!

eema2five

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 5:06 am
I live in RBSa, and have been here for nearly 10 years.
PM me if you'd like!

Frumdoc

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 8:06 am
August is downtime in Israel, lots of people on vacation so it is hard to get things done or have an idea of what normal life is like.

Also RBS is v hot in August, my friends swelter and it can be v hard to go out during the daytime if you're not used to it, or even if you are! Just to throw that in the mix, July probably more sensible than August if it is an aliyah planning trip.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions