Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Conflicting needs - WWYD

bigbird

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 8:04 pm
I'm not in the US so don't let any of the unimportant details here confuse you.

My son is off school already, my girls are not. I arranged to take my 6yo son swimming today with a friend, had it all set up and organized.

In the morning my daughter woke up sick. Son and his friend would be devastated to cancel (for various reasons I wouldn't be able to take them again until Friday). Daughter is ok on paracetamol but should probably stay home, even if just coming to watch the swimming. I asked if she wants to go to my mother for a couple of hours but she wants to stay with me, and fair enough.

What to do? It's probably too late cancel anyway because I need to pick up the friend soon…

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 8:10 pm
Where is this swimming taking place? What's the climate like? Will she be able to lie down and relax?

bigbird

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 8:18 pm
It's an indoor fun aquatics centre, water slides, water park. Very noisy. She doesn't really want to come. I just don't know what to do

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 8:21 pm
Is anyone else available to take the boys- your mother, the boy's mother?

bigbird

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 10:09 pm
In the end she decided to come and watch a video on the iPad but it's not ideal. I guess we won't stay as long as we would have. These decisions are tough!

bigbird

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 12:43 am
Hypothetically speaking because I hope she's better soon but what do you do when a kid is not well and it's vacation? Do the others need to miss out on fun outings because one should be home in bed?

oliveoil

Post Tue, Jul 01 2014, 8:25 am
I'd say in that situation sending your daughter to your mother for a couple of hours would've been a good option, even if it wasn't her choice. She wasn't terribly ill, and it is her grandmother.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children