Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
He's screaming when I drop him off. HELP!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 10:01 am
My son is 2 1/2 and went to Playgroup this past yr. he cried in the beginning but then loved it. I'm sending him to daycamp that the yeshiva hell b going to has. It's been almost 2 wks and he still screams when I leave and whimpers throughout the day. When I pick him up he looks happy and content and doesn't stop yapping to me the whole way home. I sent him on the bus the first wk and he was scared so I drop him off and pick up everyday now. Should I b concerned about his screaming? Should I send him back on transportation? The morahs tell me he whimpers during the day but when I come he's playing with kids. Help me pls!!!

suzyq

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 10:05 am
Normal. My son is going through it also. He is probably fine once you are gone. It is very difficult to deal with though, I leave in tears almost every day as my son is screaming and kicking and calling "my mommy!" as I walk away. But I see when I pick him up that he's having fun and he tells me he has fun. Hopefully it will get better.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 10:18 am
Suzyq thnx for reassuring me. I'm so conflicted about the behavior but he's in the same building hell b in nxt yr when yeshiva starts so hopefully he won't have this in September

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 4:26 pm
The "acid test" is how he acts at the end of the day. If he's happy at pickup, all's well. Crying when you leave is normal and no indication of how he feels about the playgroup.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 7:06 am
I would stay behind the door and "spy"

amother

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 8:57 am
Totally normal. My son has been going to a program since last summer. It goes through the summer and schoolyard he is three. He still cries almost every single morning when I drop him off. He comes home soooooo happy each day. He stops right when I leave. I have stayed and watched and listened outside the door. He is just attached and doesn't want me to leave.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 5:11 pm
Could he be bullied by another kid? That's what was happening to my friends son.

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 6:33 pm
for some two year olds it can take up to 3 months to stop crying/adjust.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 7:59 pm
amother wrote:
Could he be bullied by another kid? That's what was happening to my friends son.

My daughter also cried when she left for school but came home seemingly happy. In the end I found out that she was being bullied in school.

skcomputer

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 8:04 pm
My son was like that too all the way through three year old class in preschool. He got in a habit of crying at drop off and didn't know how to break the habit. The teachers said he calmed down after a few minutes - everybody got used to it. When we were preparing to start the next class, for several weeks before I told him that 4 year olds don't cry when they get left off at school and that he was going to be in a new class with a new teacher. I reminded him many times and sure enough, no crying whatsoever.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics