Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Questions about Shiurim, breaking fasts, etc.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 1:15 am
One of the other threads got me thinking.

From my understanding shiurim only apply to Yom Kippur. Am I wrong?

If one breaks their fast accidentally on one of the 4 small fasts, do you continue fasting or is that halachicly not necessary?

Some people will fast until chatzos, is that a real thing or a made up thing to make someone feel like they are putting in some effort to fast?

Is breaking your fast at chatzos any different than breaking your fast 2 hours before the fast is over?

monseychick

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 1:30 am
Every minute of the fast you are considered as mourning for Yerushalyim, however, from a strict hilchos taanis standpoint there is hatzos , or mashlim (complete as in nightfall) .

Also, if you need to drink because of the heat and humidity there is still an inyan to refrain from eating.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 9:47 am
Shiurim exist on TBA. Some will tell you it's not, but rabbis give this psak.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note