Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Paris Mikvah information needed urgently

amother

Post Sat, Aug 18 2007, 5:16 pm
I'am going to Paris this week and will be needing to use a mikvah while we are there. We are staying on Rue richer in the nineth Arondissement. We have found a Mikvah on 176 rue du Temple in the third Arondissement. Would you say that this is the nearest Mikvah to rue Richer? If not could you direct me to another one that is nearer. Is this Mikvah clean? Do the staff speak English? Is the Mikvah easily identified from the street? Do you know how much it costs to use? Is it under a good Rabbi? Do I need to bring all my stuff with me or does the Mikvah provide everything? What time is Nacht on tuesday night?

Also I have a few other questions concerning Paris. How safe is it for my dh to go around Paris with his Tzitizes and Yamulka on show? We will be arriving at the airport at 21:25 and we were thinking about getting the Metrw to the Hotel that we are staying at. Do you think it is safe for us to use the Metre at this time of night or would you advise us to use some other form of transport.

Thanks in advance.

gryp

Post Sat, Aug 18 2007, 9:25 pm
www.mikvah.org has mikvah info around the globe.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Aug 18 2007, 11:13 pm
pm ruchel!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 4:41 am
Very Happy hello

Quote:

We have found a Mikvah on 176 rue du Temple in the third Arondissement. Would you say that this is the nearest Mikvah to rue Richer? If not could you direct me to another one that is nearer. Is this Mikvah clean? Do the staff speak English? Is the Mikvah easily identified from the street? Do you know how much it costs to use? Is it under a good Rabbi? Do I need to bring all my stuff with me or does the Mikvah provide everything? What time is Nacht on tuesday night?

Unfortunately I do not know this mikve.
Mikves in France are, well... if you want to be sure, go to the 16th arrondissement mikve, two ladies told me it's clean and Mrs Azimov is very nice.
I doubt outside of Lubavich mikves you will find English speaking people. The mikve are rarely identifiable from outside. Bring your stuff, generally they give you something but it's yuck.

The mikves can be Lubavich, Litvish (Rottenberg) or Consistoire (mainstream), all are serious.

Quote:

Also I have a few other questions concerning Paris. How safe is it for my dh to go around Paris with his Tzitizes and Yamulka on show?

Generally yes, but at night in "cités", no. Now, to be honest, places where he couldn't go with everything on show should also be avoided as tourists and generally.

Quote:
We will be arriving at the airport at 21:25 and we were thinking about getting the Metrw to the Hotel that we are staying at. Do you think it is safe for us to use the Metre at this time of night or would you advise us to use some other form of transport.

Métro can be very safe or a horror, depends which line and stations.
Little tip: if there are tons of people it's good. If not, please avoid.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 5:16 am
Is the 16th arrondissement mikve the one on 23 Rue Davioud?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 5:27 am
Do you know if Mrs Azimov can speak English or not? Last night I phoned the other Mikvah that I mentioned and it was realy hard trying to speak to her,dh speaks French but not to great and I speak no French whatsoever. Thanks for your responses Ruchel.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 5:31 am
amother wrote:
Is the 16th arrondissement mikve the one on 23 Rue Davioud?

yup

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 5:35 am
amother wrote:
Do you know if Mrs Azimov can speak English or not?

she's Lubavich and Ashkenazic so I'm pretty sure she does

you're welcome Smile

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 6:25 am
Both the Mrs Azimovs I know are native english speakers.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 6:56 am
Thanks Ruchel and Raisan for your replies. Yes Sara is English speaking I thought she seemed to have an English accent. I've not actually spoken to her yet but just listening to her answer phone made me feel a million times better. Thanks again and I hope everyone enjoys there last few weeks of the holidays- vacation.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 11:13 am
Sara is my cousin - originally american till she married and moved there, so fluent english, and a real sweetheart. Her mother-in-law is my grandmother's sister, lived in England for years too - fluent english as well Smile

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
Sara is my cousin - originally american till she married and moved there, so fluent english, and a real sweetheart. Her mother-in-law is my grandmother's sister, lived in England for years too - fluent english as well Smile

my mom saw her at the 16th mikve a few times and she said she was very nice Smile

amother

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 11:29 am
Well I'am back from Paris and thanks Ruckel for all your advise. I used the Mikvah that you suggested and it is really really nice very clean and modern. So Ruchel you where saying about the Mikvah's in Paris beinging...... if you can and it is not to far away go to that one. Sara was not actually there when I went to the Mikvah but there was a French lady there who spoke fluent English to my delight. The Mikvah was not busy and there was everything there for you so you did not need to bring anything with. It cost 10 Euros. The day befor I spoke to Sara she was so nice and helpful. She gave me a list of a whole load of Restaurants and Shuls, etc....

If anyone wants a really great restaurant in Paris try Darjeeling. http://www.123cacher.com/en/ko......html Fantastic food atmosphere, etc.... But be careful we went twice. First of all we knew that the service charge is 10% but what we did not know was that it was included in the bill. So we asked and they said that we had to pay 1% more. The second time we went we saw that people where only leaving small amounts. So we asked the people next to us what the sroey is, they said yes it's 10% but it is include in th price. so be careful they where obviousely taking advantage of the tourists. But saying that it is amazing.

The reason why I'am writting this is because other women who find themselves in Paris and needing the Mikvah will now know where to go and also Sara is a very very good contact with a fantastic wealth of information. I'am not sure if Sara writes on here but thanks for everything you made our stay in Paris that much easier.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 11:30 am
I LOOOOVE the Darjeeling!

Raisin

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 1:11 pm
The darjeeling (I think it was them) also do delivery (in our case to our hotel room) if you order €50 worth of food. When we were in paris we did that and it was really yummy. (although it was a little more food than we could eat!)

amother

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 11:09 am
Bump- is this still valid info? If yes, does anyone know if there is an email address to contact Sara Azimov?
TIA!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 11:30 am
Yes still accurate :
Mikvah in 23, rue Davioud 75116 Paris. Station by subway : Ranelagh.
You can reach Mrs Azimov at mazimov@free.fr.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 11:39 am
All accurate.
If you aren't near the "94" area (like if you're in the 12th arrondissement) I still say go to the mikve above.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 11:49 am
Thank you!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics