Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cheap security camera for coop apartment

amother

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 12:51 pm
The apartment next to mine was broken into this Shabbos at 2:40 a.m. because she left a window open, and now I am freaking out.

We have a private porch and so does my neighbor. I like to sit outside on Shabbos, so a security system won't be good. We can't get one with a timer to go on at 1:00 a.m. Friday night.

We were thinking of getting a cheap camera with a recorder but I can't figure out which one to get.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 1:15 pm
For starters, you can get a real-looking fake one off Amazon for less than $20.

Anon because we have one and we don't want anyone to know it's fake!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 7:54 pm
I would recommend a real one. I use cintac systems in brooklyn they are phenomenal!!!!!!!! great service!! reasonable prices. doing it for almost 20 years. they are brooklyn based they will go out of brooklyn but you need to speak to them to see if you are within their range that they service. their num 347-693-8865

sherm613

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 8:07 pm
simplisafe.com is ideal for apartments as the entire system is wireless. They don't have cameras I don't think but they have burglar, fire, etc. The monitoring has no contract and is reasonable.

sky

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 8:42 pm
I would go for real.
Find out if it is a problem for you to put a camera in an area where you will be videoed on shabbos.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 10:11 am
I asked a shaila, and was told I can use it on shabbis, if it records everything. in motion isnt allowed. meaning only when someone passes by. it needs to record all the time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics