Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Snood over wet hair

Ms Muggle

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 4:28 am
I've noticed that after I take a shower and go to bed, wearing my pretied, I wake up in the morning and the snood smells really bad, and therefore my hair smells bad too from wearing the smelly snood all night. I assume that for some reason, wearing the snood over wet hair is what's making it smell. I've tried wearing the pretieds made out of terry fabric, but they also smell. Are there any snoods that don't smell when you wear them overnight over wet hair? Or do I have to start blowdrying my hair before I go to bed?

Thanks!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 4:36 am
Don't know... My pretied smells like shampoo LOL

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 8:38 am
Is your pre-tied clean? Do you let your pre-tie air dry during the day so when you put it on, you are not putting on a fresh clean pre-tied rather than a musty one. It sounds like the problem is with your pre-tied rather than your hair. I have no problems putting my wet hair under my sheital, pre-tied or snood, but they are always fresh to start.

imeinu

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 12:41 pm
Do you have very thick hair? it could be that the pretied bandana compresses your hair and isn't allowing it to dry and therefore you end up with a bad smell.
try letting your hair dry in a headcover with more room such as this snood and see if your hair smells better in the morning.
http://www.myheadcoverings.com.....2.htm
Make sure there is no lining.
Also, towel dry your hair and try to get it as dry as possible before covering.
Wash and dry your snood frequently. your sleeping snood should be different from your day-wear snoods unless you want to be replacing them reall often!!
Good Luck!

sunshine6

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 12:54 pm
Just curious why u sleep in ur snood.

Ms Muggle

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 5:05 pm
Thanks for the help, you guys! The crochet snood really worked!

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 5:50 pm
Just wrap your hair a towel and go to bed

miami85

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 6:25 pm
Perhaps you can try a "turbie twist" towel or a towel turban they can be pretty snug and allow your hair to dry. I find that if I sleep in wet hair my snoods get stretched out.

Frumdoc

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 7:16 pm
bellatrix wrote:
Thanks for the help, you guys! The crochet snood really worked!

Maybe it was the extra airflow in the crochet that let your hair dry quicker. Anything staying wet for a long time will smell musty - did your mother teach you not to leave washing in the machine for too long -that is why!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels