Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need your help! Midwood/Sheepshead Bay

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 3:55 pm
We are looking to move somewhere in Brooklyn that is close to (or in) Flatbush.
One place we're looking at is on 26th near Ave U.
a) What kind of people live in this area?
b) Are there any amenities nearby that don't require you to drive (I.e. grocery shops, parks)?

Can you recommend any other safe, nice and relatively affordable neighborhood for a MO family?

I appreciate any and all responses.

TIA

kb

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 3:58 pm
There is a supermarket - kosher palace on u and 28. There was a pizza shop right there but I think they closed.

There's a young Israel on u and 31.

I don't know of anything else in that area but that doesn't mean anything I never lived there.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 4:37 pm
my in-laws live there! from my visits, I know that there are not a lot of young people in the area now, but it is growing among the sfardi population.

My IL's shul is definitely dying out - no young new blood. My siblings-in-law (mid-20s - 30s) would not move back to the area. their kids wouldn't have anyone to play with

HOwever, all the people I know in that area are REALLY nice!

There are some small playgrounds on Bedford - on V and on X. There's nice nail salon that I go to- I see some frum women there when I go.

There used to be a kosher pizza store on U and 28th but it closed. Boo! There aren't any kosher restaurants nearby. There's only the one supermarket, Kosher Palace. There's a wine shop my IL family doesn't go to b/c the shop is open on Shabbos.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 6:02 pm
OP here. Thanks for replies so far. I'd still love to hear more.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 6:19 pm
Yeshivas Ruach Chaim is located on Avenue Z between East 26th and East 27th. It's in a building that was previously Yeshiva of Kings Bay. Ruach Chaim was previously located elsewhere.

I don't know much else about the neighborhood.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 9:06 pm
Jewish Center Nachlath Zion, located on East 23 St, corner Neck Road(near Ave U). The rabbi there is wonderful, makes each person feel like they are the most important person in the shul. Wide range of hashkafas, but mostly MO. Wide range of ages. I live in Sheepshead Bay so feel free to ask me any other questions.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 6:40 am
OP here.

Just to edit, it's around 26th and Ave S, not U.

Thanks amother above. Do you think a youngish family (early 30's with young kids) would fit in here?

Do you need a car to go to local parks/groceries?

Is it a relatively safe, nice area?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating