Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is there a toivel service in brooklyn

amother

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 5:39 pm
I have a lot of dishes and glasses rto toivel. Is there a place to bring them and have them toiveled for me in brooklyn?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 5:54 pm
I wish. Your choice here is usually to purchase your dishes at a place that provides toiveling services included in their price when you purchase their products. Or go to a keilim mikvah and toivel yourself.
Landau's and krm both have easy accessible mikvahs outside that you can use during supermarket hours.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 7:51 pm
Is there a need/interest do such a service? Th thMaybe it is something I would do. How much would you pay for a "toiveling service"? Are you looking for some on to.pick and drop off or for someone to actually just toiveling things for you at a keilim mitzvah?

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 9:45 pm
just wanted to post that my rav found the toiveling service that some stores provide to be problematic. I don't remember why exactly, but I think it's because I never really took ownership of the dishes first according to halacha. I'm sure there are those that are more machmir or more lenient. But it is definitely a worthwhile shaila.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen