Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Hashem Take Us Home

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 9:45 am
I got thus message eirlier today. Beautiful and soo true. HASHEN PLEASE TAKE US HOME.

C/P

Got this from a friend of mine it's absolutely beautiful: Hi, just wanted to share a thought that I kept thinking about this Tisha Ba'av that helped me tap into the core of the day, better.

I kept thinking of a well known mashal (I embellished it a little,) below.

There was a King who banished his son for misbehaving, and his son was sent to exile for many many years. As the years went on the king kept private tabs on the son, but the son totally forgot where he came from. He lived in the forest in a little hut with a leaky roof, and he hunted and ate that food, and was pretty content. One day the King decided it was time to bring his son home, and he sent out word that the villagers would be allowed to ask the King for one request each. The king patiently waited until it was his son's turn, and when his son finally stepped before him, the King was alive with excitement, surely his son would ask to b brought back home!!

The son stood before his father the king, whom he did not recognize, and said "Oh please merciful King, could you perhaps fix my roof? It is so bothersome when it leaks."

FIX YOUR ROOF? FIX YOUR ROOF??!!!!!!! You are deciding if you should rather ask me to fix your roof, or perhaps help you find a wife? THESE ARE NOTHING requests, WHY DON'T YOU ASK ME ...TO BRING YOU HOME??!! Home is a palace where you'll never have to worry about leaky roofs, where you'll have 3 fresh meals a day, and servants, and a beautiful princess to marry, fine clothing, and riches, and wealth that you can't imagine.....AN YOU ARE ASKING ME ABOUT A ROOF?!

AND I feel that this is the essence of Tisha Ba'av. WE ARE SO FAR. We can't remember the grander and splendor where we come from. We can't fathom what true wealth and riches really means, and we stand before Hashem and say
Please Hashem, can I get x job? can I get into x school? Can you help me get a good shidduch? Please make x person better...?

and we think I have THAT, I will be ok, things will be fine.

HOW FAR, HOW FAR WE ARE!

Hashem looks at us and thinks....WHY DON'T YOU JUST ASK ME TO BRING YOU HOME?! All your petty requests, all the things you think you need...You can't even fathom what goodness is.

And on our end of it, actually we should want Mashiach for the sole reason that the entire world will know Hashem's glory, and surely all our "leaky roof" reasons, pale in comparison to that.

and I thought that as sad as it is that when we are going through hard times and we think "Ok Hashem, please bring Mashiach so that my "roof won't leak anymore" as sad as it is that when we are sad, we "remember" that things could be better...it is even sadder that when things are good, we think "I can't imagine being happier."

How far we are.

How low have we fallen,

If we can't even imagine a better, happier, absolutely perfect existence, if we even assume that real happiness is possible without the Beis Hamikdash.

May this year, be the year that we are zoche to stand before Hashem and declare as with one heart, "HASHEM, PLEASE WE HAVE ONE REQUEST ...PLEASE BRING US HOME."

and may this year be the year, that Hashem finally looks down at his suffering children, suffering the most, because we aren't even at all sure what we are mourning,...

and may this year be the year, that Hashem finally smiles down upon us, and answers our heartfelt cries to come back home,

with a resounding

YES.

May it be HIS will.

Have a meaningful rest of fast.

chanasmom

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 9:50 am
Beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:28 am
Amen!

Ashrei

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 11:08 am
Amen. Thanks for posting this!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note