Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Laughing gas for kids at dentist??

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:21 pm
What happens? Do they sit still? Laugh? Does it really help?

momX4

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:25 pm
amother wrote:
What happens? Do they sit still? Laugh? Does it really help?

For my DC it was a waste of money. He was unhappy that there was something on his face. I was unhappy that they made me pay for it because they turned it on.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 4:38 pm
For my child it was very very helpful. It calmed her down so that she could get through the procedure without crying or panicking or moving around.

Emotional

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:01 pm
Where do they offer this service?? My daughter has HORRIBLE teeth and no dentist is willing to treat her because she tantrums so badly.

here2chill

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:09 pm
Emotional wrote:
Where do they offer this service?? My daughter has HORRIBLE teeth and no dentist is willing to treat her because she tantrums so badly.

When such is the case you need to take your daughter to the operating room under general anesthesia do get the work done. Very common!

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:19 pm
here2chill wrote:
When such is the case you need to take your daughter to the operating room under general anesthesia do get the work done. Very common!

I'd hazard a guess that general anesthesia is not common, perhaps they're doing twilight sleep? like when you get a colonoscopy?

Emotional

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:57 pm
here2chill wrote:

I know that because we had to do that with my older daughter when she was not yet 4. But this girly is her sister, and she's almost 9!!! Will she need general anasthesia every time she needs a cleaning? A filling? Etc?

mommyla

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:11 pm
Emotional wrote:

My son had it done at Lakewood Family Dental. They were amazing, but my son is okay with the dentist. I think that most dentists offer it, it's fairly common. But your daughter may tantrum just as badly to have the mask placed over her nose.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics