Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to do 6 year old dd's hair for her aunt's wedding?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 9:25 pm
she will be wearing a gown. but I will be doing her hair, I dont think I will get it done.

unless I should? how much would it be?

if I do it on my own, whats a nice way to do it? she usually wears it in a half pony. any nice accessories?

Ideas? thanks

spring13

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 9:41 pm
I got an idea for my daughter's hair for her uncle's wedding from http://babesinhairland.com/.

There's a big variety of styles at different levels of complexity, and the instructions are very clear. Pick a few to try out ahead of time and see what you can pull off!

This is the one I did for my 4 year old, with a pretty jeweled clip at the back: http://babesinhairland.com/hai.....aids/

bookworm10

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 10:25 pm
I had my daughter's hair done somewhere inexpensive. It cost around 40 dollars. I had an updo with a braid, it was very cute.

I wouldn't do a half pony. Either all down with a pretty bow or headband, or up. I saw lots of ideas on pinterest.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 3:29 am
LOL I would never pay 40 dollars for a child- possibly not for myself either unless it's my child's wedding.

You can do a nice bun, look for tutorials and also get creative with nice accessories, barrettes, glitter

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 7:55 am
I did DD's hair myself for cousin's wedding. I did a thin braid going around her head from each side, but had them meet to the side rather than center. I put a flower barrette (that matched the sash of her gown) at the meeting point.

DD's hair curls naturally on it's own, so I just dampened and scrunched the loose hair, and wound it around my fingers a bit, for a few bottle curls. She looked adorable.

Older DD has straight hair, and she also looked great in this style. No flower for her, but I bought a few sparkly stickers in matching color and put them at random places on the braid. They looked like sparkly colored rhinestones. At another wedding I put rhinestones onto bobby pins and put them in at regular intervals.

Hope this description makes sense.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 8:12 am
Are you trendier or classier? Do you like complex styles or more simple ones? I love beautiful buns and twists. I actually got married with a French twist in my shaitel.... A bun is a timeless classic that can dress up any outfit and is usually pretty easy to accomplish on your own (it may take a few tries though).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics