Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
What kids think typewriters do

blueberries

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 4:11 pm

Blue jay

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 5:35 pm
Ha!

In middle school I had to learn how to type blindfolded on that thing. and when my fingers missed the home keys....ouch!

Also I could never master the "white out" key, imagine we had to type with no spell check and no mistakes period,

Got anything on the Rotary phone? I miss those... Smile

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 5:36 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Ha!

In middle school I had to learn how to type blindfolded on that thing. and when my fingers missed the home keys....ouch!

Also I could never master the "white out" key, imagine we had to type with no spell check and no mistakes period,

Got anything on the Rotary phone? I miss those... Smile

I posted the rotary phone video a while ago... Let me see if I can find the link.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 5:36 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkuirEweZvM

Blue jay

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 5:51 pm
Ah the sound of a rotary phone.... Those were the days when dialing the phone was really a workout. Remember trying to dial fast and your finger got stuck in those little finger holes?. When you called someone it meant something!

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 6:36 pm
Those amateur writers don't know nothin'--before there was Wite-Out, there was Ko-Rect-Type correction film, and before there was Ko-Rect-Type there was the typewriter eraser, which looked like a pencil with rubber instead of lead, and a brush on the top to brush away the eraser crumbs. So there!

miami85

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 6:39 pm
We had an old typewriter that the ribbon was dried out so nothing came out, and my nephew sat down and was banging away at the keys. Eventually he asked "How do you print?" I felt bad that it seems he typed a whole story--that now didn't exist. Nevertheless, we had a good laugh at that one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links