Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anti-semitism - the reason to come on Aliya
Previous  1  2  3  4

Sanguine

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 4:16 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
For me, I can say libi b'mizrach. As for the rabbanim, and if they all leave who will be here for those of us who are stuck here?

"Even if I never reach Eretz Yisroel, and die here in Russia, just the dream alone of going there makes it worth it to be born" - Yosef Begun, The Underground, p. 147

They won't all go. There are always more. Not every community is set for it and besides if one goes, the next won't. It's not something that happens overnight. The first ones will be like the Chalutzim. They will have to put up with the fact that Rabbanut Hechsher isn't Badatz. It will take a few elections till they have power (but don't worry, the gov't in Israel never lasts 4 terms Wink). We're talking a lot of people. they will need houses built. It will take years but it can be.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 10:06 pm
I didn't read through 4 pages, but I find it so sad that aliyah is the solution when the vast majority of anti semitic attacks in the last few weeks have been because of Israel. (Whether they're right or wrong)

Sanguine

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 2:41 am
amother wrote:
I didn't read through 4 pages, but I find it so sad that aliyah is the solution when the vast majority of anti semitic attacks in the last few weeks have been because of Israel. (Whether they're right or wrong)
Gee - There was no antisemitism till 1948. Why don't all we Jews crawl into a hole and hide. It worked well in Germany.

DrMom

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 3:03 am
amother wrote:

No, the vast majority of antisemitic attacks have been because of antisemitism, of which anti-Israelism is only the latest manifestation.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 3:57 am
amother wrote:
Wow, just wow. If you really believe this, I suggest you read more of the news these days and see why there is really antisemitism and get your facts straight. Not because of israel my friend.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 7:21 am
There was always antiseminism, but when there's a conflict with Israel it's always on the rise.

supermom3

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 8:08 am
amother wrote:
There was always antiseminism, but when there's a conflict with Israel it's always on the rise.
Are you the same amother (very brave) - Have you heard about ISIS? Have you heard of Iraq? Have you heard of Syria? Where were you 9/11/01? Oh right, Israel caused the Shoah. The world hates Jews. Israel isn't the cause of your problems

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:24 am
Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that the rise in global anti semitism over the last few weeks is related to the conflict in Israel- is either in deep denial or is just plain dumb. Or living under a very large rock.

(If your reading comprehension is intact you will understand that doesn't mean that anti semitism never existed before the state, and not every act of anti semitism is related to the state. )

Last edited by MaBelleVie on Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:36 am
supermom3 wrote:
Are you the same amother (very brave) - Have you heard about ISIS? Have you heard of Iraq? Have you heard of Syria? Where were you 9/11/01? Oh right, Israel caused the Shoah. The world hates Jews. Israel isn't the cause of your problems

Yes I heard of them, but all those examples are groups of people are after those who are not one of them, not because they are Jewish. By 9/11 they were after Americans, if ISIS makes an attack in America it's targeted to Americans, so many Cristians were killed by them. However when there a conflict in Israel the Jews are targeted. That's just how it is.

ally

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 1:59 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that the rise in global anti semitism over the last few weeks is related to the conflict in Israel- is either in deep denial or is just plain dumb. Or living under a very large rock.

(If your reading comprehension is intact you will understand that doesn't mean that anti semitism never existed before the state, and not every act of anti semitism is related to the state. )

People are using the "conflict in Israel" as an excuse to legitimise anti-semitism. The vitriol that is addressed towards Israel is unparalleled and defies all logic...

Rather than being upset that Israel has "caused" a rise in antisemitism - I think the recent events should be more of a wake up call that nothing has changed in the world. And I for one am glad that at least this time, in this era, we have an army and a homeland.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions