Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Restaurant for business lunch in Midtown Manhattan

bigSmile

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 10:20 pm
My (non-Jewish) boss would like to take me and a fellow (non-Jewish) coworker out for lunch after the launch of a product we both worked very hard on. He considerately asked me for the name of a kosher restaurant so that I wouldn't be left with nothing to eat.

Do you have any suggestions for where to go? My office is located in Midtown Manhattan (31st and 7th).

Thank you!

STovah

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 10:30 pm
Abigael's and Colbeh are both nice for business lunches and not too far from your location.

bigSmile

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 10:57 pm
Aren't they both really fancy...?

Maya

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 11:10 pm
Mr. Broadway. Beautifully renovated.
37th St and Broadway.

STovah

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 11:18 am
bigSmile wrote:
Aren't they both really fancy...?

My "celebratory" business lunches were always at Le Marais and my just going out business lunches were at Taam Tov as those were closest to my office. I assumed OP was looking for more upscale than Mr. Broadway.

bigSmile

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 1:02 pm
STovah wrote:
My "celebratory" business lunches were always at Le Marais and my just going out business lunches were at Taam Tov as those were closest to my office. I assumed OP was looking for more upscale than Mr. Broadway.

I'm really not sure, actually. But I think that something on the level of Abigael's would be too upscale.

Any milchig suggestions? I'd like to offer my boss (actually, he's probably more like my manager) both a milchigs and fleishigs choice.

Thank you so much for your help!

It's my first business lunch- I'm a little nervous...particularly since it's with two men.

STovah

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 2:09 pm
Circa is nearby for milchigs. I haven't worked in the city in a few years, so I'm not very up to date on the midtown restaurant situation.

bigSmile

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 2:24 pm
STovah wrote:
Circa is nearby for milchigs. I haven't worked in the city in a few years, so I'm not very up to date on the midtown restaurant situation.

I think that Circa is a little too casual...

Thank you for all your ideas, though- I appreciate it!

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 2:43 pm
My normal business lunch recommendation is Abigail. Not only the food and atmosphere appropriate, the service is more reliable unlike other kosher places. Le Marais is good though, though personally I find tables to be too close to one another, and the noise levels a bit too high for business lunches.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries