Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby not crawling at 8 months

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 1:15 pm
My baby is an adorable 8 month old who babbles and loves to play. She sits beautifully, and turns on her stomach but...she doesnt crawl.

She tries, kicks her legs and pulls forward, but she just cant get it.

She was born 3 weeks early (does that have any effect?)

I dont want to worry...but I do.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 1:41 pm
None of mine crawled before 9 months. Sounds like your baby is making strides in the right direction. She'll get the hang of it soon.
Also, sometimes babies who concentrate on play and/or interacting with caregivers and are thus very stimulated in those areas, develop a tad more slowly in the area of gross motor movement. It usually all evens out in the end. At this point I really don't think you have to worry.

pickle321

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 1:41 pm
dont worry about it! its very normal for an 8 month old not to be crawling yet! my baby is over 9 months and also not crawling, but I am not concerned at all (and she was not born early). some babies skip the crawling stage and some just start later

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 1:45 pm
Pudgy babies sometimes take longer to crawl. Does she have delicious rolls of baby fat?

Try placing the toys just out of her reach once and a while. That will motivate her to reach and try more.

DD started scooting backwards before she could crawl properly. She kept backing herself under the sofa, and would scream to be rescued. I'd pull her out, and 3 minutes later she'd be back under the sofa. Rinse, repeat, all day long, every single day for about a month or two. Boy was I glad when she figured out how to move forward! LOL

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 2:04 pm
My second only started crawling at 10 months and she was born on time (on her due date!) and is completely developmentally normal (Bli ayin hara!). I wouldn't worry just yet! Especially if she's developmentally okay in other areas, I wouldn't worry. I've also heard (but don't have the experience myself) that sometimes the babies born earlier take longer to hit the milestones.

cbg

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 2:26 pm
amother wrote:
None of mine crawled before 9 months. Sounds like your baby is making strides in the right direction. She'll get the hang of it soon.
Also, sometimes babies who concentrate on play and/or interacting with caregivers and are thus very stimulated in those areas, develop a tad more slowly in the area of gross motor movement. It usually all evens out in the end. At this point I really don't think you have to worry.

I heard that those that talked earlier, walked later and vice versa. So it makes sense that if she babbles and communicates she develops gross motor skills a little slower.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 2:51 pm
OP here.

Ladies, you are all amazing! Thank you for taking the time to reassure me.

Off to enjoy my delicious girly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics