Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Invention ideas?

rain

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:45 pm
My cousin is an inventor by trade and is always looking for new inventions!
Anyone have any ideas of products they would like made/created that would make their everyday life easier. Told him I would ask and it doesn't hurt to try!

Thanks!

(sorry its under finance, I didn't know where else to put it)

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:51 pm
A Human/child wash machine 😆
A Baby burper (shaped holding the baby upward and tapping the back lightly) 😜

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:52 pm
Do we get a kickback if it's successful?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:57 pm
This probably already exists in some capacity, but a portable combo washer dryer.

I was just talking to DH about this- something that could hold 1-2 sets of clothing and hook up to a kitchen or bathroom sink.

I live in an apartment building with a laundry room in the basement, but so often I need to do an emergency load in the middle of the night when it's closed. I'd love to be able to throw a toddler's soiled clothing in right away and not have to deal with the stench in the morning.

happybeingamom

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:07 pm
A machine that presses and folds laundry

Better yet a robot that does all household cleaning chores. Remember the Jetsons.

Frumdoc

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:12 pm
A seks towel.

oh, sorry, already been done :-D

mirror

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:20 pm
A computer program that takes your fat, ugly body and finds the clothes that make you look 50 pounds thinner.

(ASAP!)

goforit

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:33 pm
A umbrella that clips onto a stroller, for the mommy. Why this isn't out yet, I really wonder. I can't hold an umbrella and push at the same time.

ChaniH

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:36 pm
goforit wrote:
A umbrella that clips onto a stroller, for the mommy. Why this isn't out yet, I really wonder. I can't hold an umbrella and push at the same time.

This!!!!! I always say I want to invent this and snap on snow tiers for stroller so they don't slip on the ice and can go over heavy snow

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:43 pm
amother wrote:
This probably already exists in some capacity, but a portable combo washer dryer.

I was just talking to DH about this- something that could hold 1-2 sets of clothing and hook up to a kitchen or bathroom sink.

I live in an apartment building with a laundry room in the basement, but so often I need to do an emergency load in the middle of the night when it's closed. I'd love to be able to throw a toddler's soiled clothing in right away and not have to deal with the stench in the morning.

this does exist. a lot of landlords won't allow them, though.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:47 pm
for the "seks" towel idea, I don't get it--- what's wrong with a regular washcloth?

anyhooo. Piggybacking on opinionated's idea..... I'd love a website where I can put in my measurements and body shape (click on a pear shaped woman or an apple shaped woman or a flat chested woman or a curvy all over woman--- especially for those of us who are plus sized) and have affordable tznius outfits ready for purchase--- taking the hard work out of online shopping....... finding tznius stuff for the hard to fit body.... narrowing that down to the affordable stuff..... this website would have 15-20 choices per body type--- not terribly much, but some basic staples that would make those of us who hate online shopping have a much easier time. I would imagine women with more typical shapes are having an easier time but darned if there is usually ONE OR TWO items at any online or in person store that are both tznius AND affordable AND right for my body. Or none for that matter.

Rather than an online store it could be a website with affiliate ties to various tznius stores for particular items--- so the invention itself is the website which would take lots of time to create but the owner wouldn't need to worry about inventory/shipping--- it could be a drop ship operation where once I choose an outfit I'm routed to that item on the website where its sold. Problem then is the necessity of someone constantly monitoring the websites to make sure the items still exist.

Help me shop! I'm an apple shaped plus size gal with no time!

oliveoil

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:33 pm
goforit wrote:

It exists.

SRB

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:54 pm
1) A bamba type of snack! Introducing Peanut butter early is now recommended by the AAP for young babies. My Ped suggested bamba. I live in a Jewish community in the USA where I can find Bamba in kosher markets but most of the USA has no clue what bamba is. The AAP just started recommending PB about 7-8 months ago so the market is wide open!
2)A protein bar for pregnant & nursing moms - would focus on the prenatal vitamins a woman needs during this time. I'm a busy nursing mom and eat bars for brunch most days & I take a prenatal vitamin.

Since I left my office job to be a full time mom, I have been trying to come up with an invention so I don't have to go back to a 9-5 job. I have other ideas but do I get a cut if he uses my idea??? Very Happy

ChaniH

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 10:15 pm
oliveoil wrote:
It exists.

Where?

joy613

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 10:19 pm
ChaniH wrote:
Where?

http://www.mybluebumbershoot.com/

Emotional

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 3:39 am
Some kind of contraption that I can secure onto my bookshelves to prevent my toddler from throwing down the books and tearing them. A deterrent of some sort.

relish

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 12:07 pm
SRB wrote:
1) A bamba type of snack! Introducing Peanut butter early is now recommended by the AAP for young babies. My Ped suggested bamba. I live in a Jewish community in the USA where I can find Bamba in kosher markets but most of the USA has no clue what bamba is. The AAP just started recommending PB about 7-8 months ago so the market is wide open!
2)A protein bar for pregnant & nursing moms - would focus on the prenatal vitamins a woman needs during this time. I'm a busy nursing mom and eat bars for brunch most days & I take a prenatal vitamin.

Since I left my office job to be a full time mom, I have been trying to come up with an invention so I don't have to go back to a 9-5 job. I have other ideas but do I get a cut if he uses my idea??? Very Happy

Can you provide link to peanut butter recommendation?

SRB

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:59 pm
For the mother requesting a link to the AAP peanut recommendation... Here is a link regarding the study leading up to the recommendation to expose children/babies to peanuts at an earlier age (the research shows lower peanut allergies in Israel where babies are given bamba/peanuts compared to populations where peanuts are given later)...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/.....0582/

My pediatrician suggested giving my son bomba at his 6month check up... I think the previous recommendation was wait till 2 yrs old. I didn't find a link with an outright recommendation from the AAP - I'm just going by what my Ped told me. He is a well respected doctor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics