Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
How to reheat rice?

Books

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 8:02 am
I'd like to make rice to serve on the 2nd day of yom tov. I plan on leaving my oven on a very low temperature (maybe 200 or 250 F) and leaving a burner on. Is plain brown rice something I could make in advance (on erev yuntif), leave in the fridge, and just reheat that morning in the oven? Or do I need to make it "fresh" on the stove that morning?
If I can reheat it in the oven, do I need to add more water?
Thanks in advance!

self-actualization

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 8:05 am
I would make it fresh. Worst case scenario, if you need to make it before, make sure to put oil in the pot so that there is some moisture, and cover tightly. When you reheat, add water and a bit of oil.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 11:10 am
sra2131 wrote:
I'd like to make rice to serve on the 2nd day of yom tov. I plan on leaving my oven on a very low temperature (maybe 200 or 250 F) and leaving a burner on. Is plain brown rice something I could make in advance (on erev yuntif), leave in the fridge, and just reheat that morning in the oven? Or do I need to make it "fresh" on the stove that morning?
If I can reheat it in the oven, do I need to add more water?
Thanks in advance!

You can reheat it in the oven. If it's made properly it reheats well. It needs to be heated through until steaming otherwise it won't taste good.
Make sure it's tightly wrapped. It will probably take around an hour and a half of reheating at those temperatures

mc

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 12:49 pm
Before reheating, fluff/ separate the individual grains so there are no clumps. Then reheat tightly covered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes