Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Who are/were you closer to, your Mother or your Father?

chickpea_salad

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:07 pm
I had a really horrible day at work today. When I got home DH was headed out the door, so I picked up the phone to call my parents.

While the phone was ringing, I was hoped my dad would pick up. Not because I don't love my mother, but because my dad just "gets" me... does anyone else have that? (Growing up I never thought my dad would ever understand me at all!)

tichellady

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:16 pm
Yes. I am close to both my parents in different ways but my dad is much better for venting to.

rdmom

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:44 pm
As a girl (before I got married) I was way closer to my dad. I would vent to him as opposed to my mom. Now that I am married I am closer to both of them. Maybe my mom a bit more. Like 55-45. But to vent I would definitely call my mom as opposed to my dad.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:54 pm
When I was a teenager I definitely vented more to my father, but that's because I was mostly venting about my mother. We had a couple of rocky years.

Now I tend to call my mother about practical stuff - household management, recipes, child rearing, carpool woes, etc. We schmooze about daily life and catch up on what's doing with various family members. I have deeper conversations with my father, but those are far less frequent.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 5:10 pm
Me and all my siblings would say our mother a"h. My father is a little difficult to be close to and our mother was b'h an amazing mother.

momsprince

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 8:20 pm
My mom. I can't talk to my father.

Beingreal

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 9:27 pm
I'm close to both my parents. We've been through a lot together, it depends on the situation who I need to talk to.

ChaniH

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 10:37 pm
I think I'm closer to my father but I also think it's because he understands me more we both have similar personalitys ( we both snap at the smallest things that annoy us) but then again I probably wouldn't call either of my parents to vent they don't have patients at all

Volunteer

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 10:52 pm
father

chickpea_salad

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 5:23 am
My mother is amazing, I think I felt a little guilty for feeling that way but my dad really is best for venting. Thanks everyone!

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 5:28 am
momsprince wrote:
My mom. I can't talk to my father.

Yup, same here.

chani8

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 7:58 am
I can't even think about this question for myself.

But it is interesting to ponder how my kids would answer it.

rachel91

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 8:03 am
When I was younger, I was closer to my father, since I saw him less.
Now I am closer to my mum, since we are living the same lifestyle, more or less and have more in common.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics