Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Seasonal Baby Gift Etiquette

amother

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 11:38 pm
When my NYC friend gave birth to a baby boy over the summer, I bought Yankees and Mets onesie sets as a baby gift (I knew they were fans of both teams). Unfortunately, since I don't have children and didn't have much experience buying for babies, I made the critical error of buying the onesies in newborn size and the baby was already too big by the time I was ready to send the gift, so I had to buy something else. I never got around to returning or exchanging the NY baseball team onesies in newborn size. One of them I can't return anyway due to the store policy.

Now, a colleague of mine just announced that his daughter gave birth to a baby boy a few days ago. The colleague is not currently living in NYC, but he is from NYC originally and his daughter, son-in-law, and new grandson live in NYC. This colleague will be traveling to my office soon. I'm wondering if I could gift the onesies to this colleague for his grandson. Since it's no longer baseball season, it'll be somewhat obvious that I originally bought them some time ago for someone else, but at the same time, there is absolutely no way that this colleague is expecting a baby gift from anyone at my office, so perhaps it is ok? Maybe I could combine it with another gift too? Thoughts?

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 12:00 am
I don't think baseball is THAT seasonal. People I know who have strong team loyalties will wear team gear all year. But maybe I just don't get it because I'm not so into that stuff myself. If you don't know for a fact that they're Yankee/Mets fans it could be on the tacky side and you might want to save it for a possible future occasion or just donate it or something if you're not into stockpiling gifts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics