Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Infant carseat

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 8:03 pm
I have traveled with infants before but they have always been lap-children. We also have always had carseats when we got to our destinations so we never traveled with a carseat.

For this trip we are traveling to israel with a stopover in NY. We are going to bring the infant carseat and snap n go stroller.

Should I be bringing the carseat base?

(if it makes a difference we have an actaul seat for the baby on the way there but not on the way home.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 8:09 pm
Which seat is it? AFAIK all infant seats can be installed without the base, so it would probably just be an unnecessary shlep. Make sure to read the manual so you know how to correctly install the seat without the base.

miami85

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 8:42 pm
No need, car seats can be strapped in securely into a car without the base. It's a little trickier to do, but perfectly safe. Especially if the car travel will be in taxi cabs, I.e. temporary vehicles, it will be a pain to install the base in everyone, but the car seat has notches (sometimes they are hidden under the fabric) that the seatbelt threads through. Don't bring unnecessary luggage.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 8:52 pm
OP here:

Thanks, thats what I figured, I didnt want to shlep it but wasnt sure if that was the best decision.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics