Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
New to everything regarding health plans. can u help?

OMG!

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 9:14 pm
I'm switching to a new ob doctor that does not accept fidelis care. Im pretty much lost because I do not know anything about insurance plans. I need to get out of network insurance. What does this mean? And needs to be a %75 coinsurance so the office can accept me...?? Can someone please explain a little to me? I didnt try any agents yet because I didnt want to sound like such a dummy.. And how much can such a thing cost me? I'm afraid I won't be able to afford this. I never paid for doctors visits so far so I don't know what it entails. Thanks

pesek zman

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 9:24 pm
Why don't you just see a doctor who takes your insurance? I've never considered seeing someone out of network: there's no need. In a city as big as NY, with as many doctors as we have, finding ones within your network shouldn't be hard. Expecially because co-insurance is a percentage , not a set amount, which means there no way Anyone Could tell you how much you'd be responsible for, thought it will almost certainly be more than you'd like to or can afford to pay

kb

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 9:24 pm
I don't know the answers, but an agent gets a commission for helping dummies like us :-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics