Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best Wig / Sheital Brush???

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 12:46 pm
I just purchased a new expensive sheital and would like to know what is the best brush or comb to use to avoid ruining the hair or pulling it out.
Also any sheital machers (or others) with any advice about how to care for the wig to make it last and look nice as long as possible. I know not to put conditioner at the roots but don't know much else.
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks

Kitten

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 1:21 pm
I am not a sheitel macher and I don't know what style your sheitel has. If it has fancy curls or waves, I'm not sure if you can follow my advice.
As regards brushes, if it is synthetic, I recommend a metal brush. You find them in beauty supplies stores for about $2-5. It looks scary, but it really works well and does not damage the sheitel. It is designed for synthetics, by the way. I have one like this http://www.amazon.com/3-Row-Wi.....brush
If it is real hair, I recommend a soft plastic brush that's gentle on hair. I have a real hair sheitel and I use the brush I used for myself before I got married.
To make it last, just don't wash or brush it when it does not need to. That's what I do and it works for me.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 1:33 pm
When brushing try to avoid touching the net. I usually tilt my head slightly side ways and brush starting about an inch or more away from the root. Less wear and tear on those delicate wefts. Wash when dirty. Oils from your skin/hair seep into the wig and is damaging to the net and wig if you let it sit like that for too long. Obviously do not wash unnecessarily but the advice of don't wash too much ain't good. Many brand new wigs are ruined by not washing it when it gets sweaty and oily. How quickly it gets dirty enough to wash depends on ur skin type and how big of a sweater you are.
Anonymous because I tell all my costumers about the not touching the net when brushing. (I'm a sheitalmacher)

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 4:45 pm
OP here - thanks for your replies. Yes it is human hair. So can you post a link to the actual brush or type of brush used. I am still clueless.

MamaBear

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 6:35 pm
I use something like this - there are various brands. They claim to not rip out hair

http://www.amazon.com/Detangli.....N9LQ8

dwg

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 7:59 pm
I was told not to use a brush at all instead to comb the hair with your fingers. It does take a little longer but it works.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 12:26 pm
op here - thanks for now I will continue to just use my fingers until I decide on which to buy. I would love to hear more from sheital machers or those with experience with different brushes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics