Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Split Ends - Mishpacha serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:30 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, me too. What was she so upset about anyways?
He offers to pay child support, and she starts to think he's finally becoming responsible. (And wondering, maybe, if she could have stayed married to him if he'd gone on medication?) And then he says he's moving away, which is not exactly the behavior of a responsible father. I doubt if it's for her convenience she's upset - I think she's projecting how hurt Avi will be.

That makes sense.

themom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:43 pm
I thought she was so upset because he was expecting her to drive Avi to him sometimes(3 hours) and even suggested she stay there for Shabbos.

malkacooks

Post Mon, Nov 03 2014, 12:47 pm
thats what I thought too. That was really written unclear.

what happend this week? I forgot to buy the magazine

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 03 2014, 6:29 pm
malkacooks wrote:
thats what I thought too. That was really written unclear.

what happend this week? I forgot to buy the magazine

Good news: things may not only not be getting worse, but picking up. She had a DMC with her SIL which should somewhat clear the air with Bin, and just when she was almost getting in pity party mode, her landlord, you know, the one who wanted to evict her, had an offer for her that I doubt she'll refuse:
Hidden: 

a date with the plumber.

malkacooks

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 11:42 am
ohhh I'm sorry I missed it then Smile thanks for filling me in

Sunnydays

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 8:30 pm
I think Shimmy is the ex assistants brother...any thoughts?

jeweled

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 8:50 pm
kkk wrote:

why do you think so? was there any foreshadowing or you're just guessing?

Sunnydays

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:06 pm
a while back there was a chapter where she was telling libby she was getting engaged but she feels bad because her older single brother was supposed to get engaged as well but broke it off. then she said my brother would be a great match for you or sth like that. In the same chapter shimmy ended off dating a girl. Make sense?

youngishbear

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:06 pm
I don't get it. I was sure she was going to remarry Bin in the end. What would be the point of marrying her off to a different guy with adhd? If she can handle the issue, she should marry her original bashert.

jeweled

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:11 pm
kkk wrote:
a while back there was a chapter where she was telling libby she was getting engaged but she feels bad because her older single brother was supposed to get engaged as well but broke it off. then she said my brother would be a great match for you or sth like that. In the same chapter shimmy ended off dating a girl. Make sense?

Interesting... guess we'll have to see where it goes. It's the first thing I read Friday night.

kb

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:14 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I don't get it. I was sure she was going to remarry Bin in the end. What would be the point of marrying her off to a different guy with adhd? If she can handle the issue, she should marry her original bashert.

Because it depends if the person has the issue under control or not!

youngishbear

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:21 pm
kb wrote:
Because it depends if the person has the issue under control or not!

Sounds like Bin is getting there. She just doesn't trust him.

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:37 pm
youngishbear wrote:

Because Bin was/is a jerk and within nanoseconds, ok hours, of bringing up the possibility of reconciliation he mentions a date with Elisheva. Or something like that. I'm fuzzy on the past details.

youngishbear

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 10:56 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Because Bin was/is a jerk and within nanoseconds, ok hours, of bringing up the possibility of reconciliation he mentions a date with Elisheva. Or something like that. I'm fuzzy on the past details.

I like him. I think he has tons of potential. I saw Libby being very quick to judge him, even when he was doing better. Not that I'm judging Libby! Once burned, twice careful - or whatever the saying is.

Besides, Elisheva doesn't see him as a jerk.

For all we know, they might still work out. She doesn't seem to be doing so well with Shimmy.

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 12:43 am
It is extremely hard to reconcile past hurts. No matter how much he improves in the future, I think Libby's experiences with him in the past would not enable her to form a new, healthy relationship with him. If that happened I would not buy the book :p

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 1:01 am
seeker wrote:
It is extremely hard to reconcile past hurts. No matter how much he improves in the future, I think Libby's experiences with him in the past would not enable her to form a new, healthy relationship with him. If that happened I would not buy the book :p

It would give lots of amothers here hope if that were possible.

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 1:10 am
amother wrote:
It would give lots of amothers here hope if that were possible.

Nobody said it's impossible. But remember, they were already divorced. It's not like they're trying to save the marriage despite lots of past hurts. They already ended it, plus it seems Bin ended it extra hurtfully, taking all the assets and threatening her in the process. He apologized only when he was practically beaten over the head with it. I can put up with a lot but I would never be able to trust such a person again enough to START a marriage with him. Because that's what it is, now that their previous marriage is so over.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 9:19 am
youngishbear wrote:
I like him. I think he has tons of potential. I saw Libby being very quick to judge him, even when he was doing better. Not that I'm judging Libby! Once burned, twice careful - or whatever the saying is.

Besides, Elisheva doesn't see him as a jerk.

For all we know, they might still work out. She doesn't seem to be doing so well with Shimmy.

Yeah, he must have some redeeming qualities, but it really wasn't classy for him to bring Elisheva up, despite his not having a filter at the end of the day when the meds fade.

malkacooks

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 1:28 pm
I really feel like I have no clue where this story is going. not sure if thats good or bad

sunny90

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 2:51 pm
kkk wrote:

I had that feeling too. Way to throw in another plot twist--forgive the treacherous possible SIL or not?
Personally I'd prefer Mira to crash and burn. But that's just me.
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room