Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Cookie help!

LittleRed

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 9:01 am
I can't figure out what's going on and it's driving me crazy! Last week I made chocolate chip cookies following the nestle tollhouse recipe and they came out amazing. Since then, I've tried to make them twice again and both times the cookies came out totally flat. I followed the recipe the same way, same oven and pans...any ideas why this is happening?

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 9:04 am
if the recipe is on the bag - are you sure they didn't change the recipe - that's happened a few times - you have to be a sleuth to notice

LittleRed

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 9:14 am
Thanks for answering, greenfire. I used the same recipe from the website all 3 times. The only thing I can think of is that I used foil on the pans the time the cookies came out good and the other times used parchment paper. I'm not exactly an expert baker...could that make a difference?

spring13

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 9:58 am
Were any of your ingredients new? Maybe your baking powder is off/expired or you used a different brand of margarine? And yes, foil vs. parchment can make a difference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics